What are some popular fish species for angling and hunting?

• Thread starter rebork
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello
In summary, popular freshwater fish species for angling and hunting include bass, trout, catfish, pike, and walleye, while popular saltwater fish species include tuna, marlin, swordfish, snapper, and grouper. The best way to choose a fishing spot is to research the specific habitat and behavior of the fish, and necessary equipment includes a fishing rod and reel, appropriate line and hooks, bait or lures, and valid licenses. Regulations and restrictions for fishing and hunting these fish vary by state and it is important to practice ethical and sustainable practices to protect these populations.
rebork
Hello, I'm not new to this forum but this is my first introduction. I've browsing through the forum for about 3 years when my friend first introduced me to this site. I hope to contribute to this great community because I've gained a lot of knowledge through this site and hope to pass my knowledge too.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, rebork! I hope you like it here, it's a great place.

You'll probably like it here, it's pretty neat. Do you like fish?

Yes, it's a tradition here for newcomers to tell us what their favorite fish is.

Hi rebork! I hope you'll enjoy you're stay! But remember

You can check in any time you like, but you can never leave!

Anyway, what's the favorite fish?? Salmon, mackerel, whale (I know), shark?

Welcome to the forum, rebork. :smile:

P.S. I advise you to choose the whale. :biggrin:

drizzle said:
P.S. I advise you to choose the whale. :biggrin:

That would definitely be the safe bet.

Yep I do like fish though I never about my favorite type of fish before. I would have to say its the Blobfish...naw just kidding. I took some time to look up that fish and its exceptionally strange. But my favorite fish would have to be salmon. Why? Cause my mom makes some delicious food with salmon. I appreciate the salmon for being so tasty. Haha

Very well, salmon it is.

*smacks rebork with a fresh salmon*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1xfp6Xeu0c

The fish-slapping ceremony is complete! You have now been officially welcomed, rebork :biggrin:!

haha thank god I didn't say a bigger fish... Thank you for the "fresh" welcome. Also is there a reason why I can't see the picture you posted @micromass? It appears to be white.

It's an imbedded youtube video. What browser are you using?

Firefox. I had ad block on so I couldn't see the video. Hoho I never seen this video of Monty Python! Thanks!

Last edited:
And I've never seen Monty Python with Dutch subtitles before. I think it adds to the zany atmosphere. (with apologies to our Dutch and Flemish friends here :uhh:)

Mind if I join the discussion here 'cuz I'm new here too.

My favorite fishes are Baracuda, Tuna & Mackeral, I hunt them myself, I'm an angler too.

1. What are some popular freshwater fish species for angling and hunting?

Some popular freshwater fish species for angling and hunting include bass, trout, catfish, pike, and walleye. These fish can be found in lakes, rivers, and streams across the United States and are known for their fighting ability and delicious taste.

2. What are some popular saltwater fish species for angling and hunting?

Some popular saltwater fish species for angling and hunting include tuna, marlin, swordfish, snapper, and grouper. These fish can be found in the oceans around the world and are known for their size and strength, making them a challenging catch for anglers.

3. How do I choose the right fishing spot for these popular fish species?

The best way to choose a fishing spot for these popular fish species is to research the specific habitat and behavior of the fish you are targeting. For example, bass can be found near vegetation and structure, while tuna prefer open water. You can also ask local anglers or consult with a fishing guide for the best spots in your area.

4. What equipment do I need for angling and hunting these popular fish species?

The equipment needed for angling and hunting these popular fish species will vary depending on the type of fish and location. Generally, you will need a fishing rod and reel, appropriate fishing line and hooks, bait or lures, and a valid fishing license. For hunting, you will need a hunting license, appropriate firearm or bow, and proper safety gear.

5. Are there any regulations or restrictions for angling and hunting these popular fish species?

Yes, there are regulations and restrictions for angling and hunting these popular fish species. It is important to check with your state's fish and wildlife agency for specific rules and regulations, such as size and bag limits, seasons, and catch-and-release policies. It is also important to practice ethical and sustainable fishing and hunting practices to protect these fish populations for future generations.