Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Just wondering

1. Mar 27, 2008 #1
    I was just wondering if there were any others out there like me. Here's the story. I am a high school drop out and failed most of my math classes in high school. Call it laziness or not having a nack for it or whatever you will. Later I got my GED, attended a community college as a liberal arts student and got my A.A. I then attended a university as a liberal arts student.....but quickly realized I hated it. I had always been afraid of math and physics, but one day I decided to tackle the beast head on. The more I did the more I loved it. I had always had an interest in how things worked and how things were put together.....so engineering was my eventual goal. I'm happy to say that today I've worked my way to a degree from one of the top eng. schools in the country and am going on to graduate school. If it weren't for engineering I don't know where I'd be today........grocery bagger maybe......I truly love it and owe all my good fortune to it......it provides so much satisfaction. I'm sure most of you already know that though.

Just wanted to share this story to see if anyone else has had an experience like mine, in that it took an around the world approach to make them see the light......This is a great forum by the way. I just found it the other day.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted