Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

KAL 007 shoot down

1. May 21, 2005 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

http://www.geocities.com/ke007us/

So i was watching modern marvels and they mentioned something about a commercial jet or something being shot down and i never heard of it so i took a look on google. First site i see is a 'conspiracy' site so i was wondering if anyone would like to have some fun and see what this is all about. Or maybe stoned can defend the conspiracy theory and not give us sources :wink: lol

2. jcsd
  3. May 21, 2005 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The incident certainly happened. The conspiracy theories take off wrt the reasons why the flight had strayed so far from the designated course.

4. May 21, 2005 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Well yah it happened but this guy says there was some huge military engagement the US government covered up and we lost 30 military personal to being shot down.

5. May 21, 2005 #4
    Finally some interesting post ! :wink: All the science stuff just gives me headache.
    Yeah ! evil, monsters, commie Russians shot down plane full of people without provocation.
    Of course what they say is just a half the truth, honestly I dont know what to think about it, but it smells of conspiracy. If you would ask me for example about Senator Wellstone plane crash I would say 100 % government operation to liquidate "dangerous" element, but KAL OO7 is very complex case.Interesting thing is that aboard KAL007 was also very high ranking US politician maybe even senator or congressman opposed to US policy at that time. Hmm..

6. May 21, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

SOMEONE's exited :rolleyes:

7. May 21, 2005 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

See stoned, as usual, no sources. I demand sources to your crazy claim of politicians taking PUBLIC transportation, pffffff! Silly canadians, they just dont understand how our politicians waste our money.... ;) hehehe

8. May 21, 2005 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have never been inclined to assume that espionage [that we were spying] was involved, but it really wouldn't be so hard to believe. And it is a bit hard to understand how the plane ended up where it did. IIRC, there were several chances for the pilots to see that they were off course, but for one reason or another, they missed all the clues.

9. May 21, 2005 #8
    tomorrow i'm gonna dig for some sources, it is almost 3 am i have to sleep now. :zzz: :zzz:

10. May 21, 2005 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

give it up stone, politicians waste our money! :D

whoa crap... there was gonna be something on the news tonight (or well, last night technically) and there hook was "and there using your tax dollars!" .... i wanted to see how else my money is being wasted.

11. May 21, 2005 #10

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

The KAL plane carried nuclear waste. The crew was dying of AIDS, and were promised their families would be well cared for if the mission was completed. The passengers were enemy combatants and political subversives who had been sentenced to death by a secretly convened NSA tribunal. The wind just happened to be blowing toward North Korea that day. They scooped it up, reprocessed and built their nukes from the fallout.

12. May 21, 2005 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So your position is that the U.S. government would never spy on the Soviets and then lie about it when it turns into a disaster? :rolleyes:

13. May 21, 2005 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I believe teh soviets are spying on me right now. No not US, me... me personally... theres someone always outside my window with a red cap with a star on it...

14. May 21, 2005 #13
    just like 9/11 helped neocons in US government wage war at will without any constrains, so did KAL 007 affair helped Reagan administration accelerate massive military builup, thus finnancially destroying Soviet block.

15. May 22, 2005 #14
    Why do people always resort to cracking jokes when they dont have the answers?

16. May 22, 2005 #15
    Well, if you want to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs. Oh excuse me that was jokes, not yolks, sorry....

17. May 22, 2005 #16

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Yeah, seriously - the "answers" are funny enough on their own. :rolleyes:

18. May 22, 2005 #17

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

Maybe it happened pretty much the way it was reported. The North Koreans have done a decent job of proving they are not trustworthy. I suspect China is nearly as thrilled with their recent behavior as is South Korea.

19. May 22, 2005 #18

what china and n.korea has to do with KAL 007 flight ?

20. May 22, 2005 #19

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I think those jokes ARE the answers for some people lol.

21. May 23, 2005 #20
    People make jokes about these things because most of the questions already have answers and the conspiracy theorists don't listen.

I find it hard to believe that my own government could perpetrate such wide ranging things as UFO cover ups when they couldn't even keep quiet the fact that our last president was having hanky panky with an intern in the White House :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?