1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Keep fit

1. Sep 9, 2005 #1

wolram

Gold Member

How do you keep fit ??

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2005 #2
    I live in Manayunk PA. I run up the massive hills we have around here that are around 12-15% grade and about a mile long.

4. Sep 9, 2005 #3

Mk

I don't like having seizures.

5. Sep 9, 2005 #4
    I walk two miles, sometimes everyday, sometimes I skip a day.

6. Sep 9, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It seems the university has a mandatory physical fitness program here. They make you park in a lot at the bottom of a LONG set of stairs and then hide the elevators in the buildings, so I have to take another 3 flights of stairs to get to the floor my new office/lab is on. It's no wonder I've been exhausted by the time I get home at night.

7. Sep 9, 2005 #6

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Cycle where possible. Where impossible, skip (or not...).

8. Sep 9, 2005 #7
    Hey! I was going to post this today! Great minds.....

Weights, step workouts, biking, jogging. No swimming, no team sports (blech).

The elementary school is 6/10 mile away (is that a km?) and I go back and forth on foot, scooter, or bike twice/day - with the kids, of course. That's what - 2.4 miles of hoofing/biking it?

9. Sep 9, 2005 #8
    I don't drive. Everywhere I want to get I have to bike or walk. I don't use the public transportation just because I can't be bothered to spend the money. Did I mention my down is built on a really big hill? Every day I have to walk uphill to the university, and then when I get to the university walk uphill to my classes (the university has aprox. 2500 stairs - and it doesn't have high buildings, that's mostly outdoor stairs). Of course it's downhill on the way back, but at least I get excersize in the morning.

10. Sep 9, 2005 #9

wolram

Gold Member

Wow you get lots of exercise Smurf, but you should take some thing for that
    blocked nose. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?