Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Keep fit

1. Sep 9, 2005 #1

Gold Member

How do you keep fit ??
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2005 #2
    I live in Manayunk PA. I run up the massive hills we have around here that are around 12-15% grade and about a mile long.
  4. Sep 9, 2005 #3

I don't like having seizures.
  5. Sep 9, 2005 #4
    I walk two miles, sometimes everyday, sometimes I skip a day.
  6. Sep 9, 2005 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It seems the university has a mandatory physical fitness program here. They make you park in a lot at the bottom of a LONG set of stairs and then hide the elevators in the buildings, so I have to take another 3 flights of stairs to get to the floor my new office/lab is on. It's no wonder I've been exhausted by the time I get home at night.
  7. Sep 9, 2005 #6

Gold Member

Cycle where possible. Where impossible, skip (or not...).
  8. Sep 9, 2005 #7
    Hey! I was going to post this today! Great minds.....

Weights, step workouts, biking, jogging. No swimming, no team sports (blech).

The elementary school is 6/10 mile away (is that a km?) and I go back and forth on foot, scooter, or bike twice/day - with the kids, of course. That's what - 2.4 miles of hoofing/biking it?
  9. Sep 9, 2005 #8
    I don't drive. Everywhere I want to get I have to bike or walk. I don't use the public transportation just because I can't be bothered to spend the money. Did I mention my down is built on a really big hill? Every day I have to walk uphill to the university, and then when I get to the university walk uphill to my classes (the university has aprox. 2500 stairs - and it doesn't have high buildings, that's mostly outdoor stairs). Of course it's downhill on the way back, but at least I get excersize in the morning.
  10. Sep 9, 2005 #9

Gold Member

Wow you get lots of exercise Smurf, but you should take some thing for that
    blocked nose. :biggrin:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?