Keep fit

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

How do you keep fit ??

Answers and Replies

I live in Manayunk PA. I run up the massive hills we have around here that are around 12-15% grade and about a mile long.

Mk
I don't like having seizures.

I walk two miles, sometimes everyday, sometimes I skip a day.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It seems the university has a mandatory physical fitness program here. They make you park in a lot at the bottom of a LONG set of stairs and then hide the elevators in the buildings, so I have to take another 3 flights of stairs to get to the floor my new office/lab is on. It's no wonder I've been exhausted by the time I get home at night.

matthyaouw
Gold Member
Cycle where possible. Where impossible, skip (or not...).

Hey! I was going to post this today! Great minds.....

Weights, step workouts, biking, jogging. No swimming, no team sports (blech).

The elementary school is 6/10 mile away (is that a km?) and I go back and forth on foot, scooter, or bike twice/day - with the kids, of course. That's what - 2.4 miles of hoofing/biking it?

I don't drive. Everywhere I want to get I have to bike or walk. I don't use the public transportation just because I can't be bothered to spend the money. Did I mention my down is built on a really big hill? Every day I have to walk uphill to the university, and then when I get to the university walk uphill to my classes (the university has aprox. 2500 stairs - and it doesn't have high buildings, that's mostly outdoor stairs). Of course it's downhill on the way back, but at least I get excersize in the morning.

wolram
Gold Member
Smurf said:
I don't drive. Everywhere I want to get I have to bike or walk. I don't use the public transportation just because I can't be bothered to spend the money. Did I mention my down is built on a really big hill? Every day I have to walk uphill to the university, and then when I get to the university walk uphill to my classes (the university has aprox. 2500 stairs - and it doesn't have high buildings, that's mostly outdoor stairs). Of course it's downhill on the way back, but at least I get excersize in the morning.
Wow you get lots of exercise Smurf, but you should take some thing for that
blocked nose. :biggrin: