1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Kennedy & Thorndike

1. Dec 31, 2006 #1
    Good evening,

I am currently working on experimental proof about special relativity, and I came across Kennedy & Thorndike experiment, and their try to save the luminiferous aether with Lorentz-Fitzgerald contraction.

Unfortunately, I can't find any original article on the Internet. Wikipedia says they had published a paper in the Physical Review, but I wasn't able to find it.

Could someone provide me with their original article ?

Many thanks !

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 31, 2006 #2
    It is here Experimental Establishment of the Relativity of Time
    You need a subscription to download.

4. Dec 31, 2006 #3
    Yes, I have seen this page before.

But you need a subscription to download it, and I only need this one... not a whole subscription to the Physical Review (and alone it costs 20 $... which is a bit expensive for what I want to do with it).

I suppose it's not illegal to ask if a member of the Physical Review could provide me with the article...?

5. Dec 31, 2006 #4
    You should go to a library. I'd start with the local university.

6. Jan 3, 2007 #5
    Yeah, if only I am rich, I will be a very good physicist!
    Not forgetting those living without three meals a day. but has the potential to be the next Einstein.
    No wonder there are so many piracies.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?