Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Kennedy & Thorndike

1. Dec 31, 2006 #1
    Good evening,

I am currently working on experimental proof about special relativity, and I came across Kennedy & Thorndike experiment, and their try to save the luminiferous aether with Lorentz-Fitzgerald contraction.

Unfortunately, I can't find any original article on the Internet. Wikipedia says they had published a paper in the Physical Review, but I wasn't able to find it.

Could someone provide me with their original article ?

Many thanks !
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 31, 2006 #2
    It is here Experimental Establishment of the Relativity of Time
    You need a subscription to download.
  4. Dec 31, 2006 #3
    Yes, I have seen this page before.

But you need a subscription to download it, and I only need this one... not a whole subscription to the Physical Review (and alone it costs 20 $... which is a bit expensive for what I want to do with it).

I suppose it's not illegal to ask if a member of the Physical Review could provide me with the article...?
  5. Dec 31, 2006 #4
    You should go to a library. I'd start with the local university.
  6. Jan 3, 2007 #5
    Yeah, if only I am rich, I will be a very good physicist!
    Not forgetting those living without three meals a day. but has the potential to be the next Einstein.
    No wonder there are so many piracies.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?