Kernel of differentiation and integration

In summary, the conversation is between two individuals discussing algebra problems related to the concept of kernel. The first individual asks for the kernel of integration and differentiation operators, while the second individual questions their understanding of calculus and the definition of "kernel." Eventually, the first individual realizes that they know the answer to their own question.
madking153
hi,
i got a algebra question regarding kernel

1.what is the kernel of intergration operator:
T(p)= p'(x)?

2. what is the kernel of differentiation operator :

T(p) = integration of p(x) from -1 to 1

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds like homework.

Have you done anything at all on these problems?

madking153 said:
hi,
i got a algebra question regarding kernel

1.what is the kernel of intergration operator:
T(p)= p'(x)?

2. what is the kernel of differentiation operator :

T(p) = integration of p(x) from -1 to 1

thanks

You shouldn't even be attempting problems like these if you know nothing whatever about calculus- like which of these problems involves differentiation and which integration.

What is the definition of "kernel"?

I assume (hope?) that was just a typo. :tongue2:

nevermind - i think i konw the answer

i asking a question but u ask me back ?!

1. What is the kernel of differentiation?

The kernel of differentiation refers to the set of all functions whose derivative is equal to zero. In other words, it is the set of points on a function where the slope or rate of change is zero. This is also known as the critical points or stationary points of a function.

2. What is the kernel of integration?

The kernel of integration is the set of all functions whose integral is equal to a constant value. In other words, it is the set of functions whose area under the curve is a constant value. This is also known as the indefinite integral or antiderivative of a function.

3. How are the kernel of differentiation and integration related?

The kernel of differentiation and integration are closely related as they are inverse operations of each other. This means that the kernel of differentiation identifies the critical points of a function, while the kernel of integration finds the antiderivative of a function. Together, they form the fundamental theorem of calculus.

4. Why is the kernel of differentiation and integration important in mathematics?

The kernel of differentiation and integration are fundamental concepts in calculus and are essential for solving problems in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. They allow us to analyze the behavior of functions and calculate important quantities such as velocity, acceleration, and area under a curve.

5. How can one use the kernel of differentiation and integration in real-world applications?

The kernel of differentiation and integration have numerous real-world applications, such as determining the maximum and minimum values of a function, finding the rate of change of a system, and calculating the area under a curve to solve optimization problems. They are also used in fields such as data analysis, finance, and computer science to model and analyze complex systems and make predictions.