Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Kerry tied to '666'?

1. Oct 28, 2004 #1
    Kerry tied to '666'?
    Images of Democrat in Iowa show 'beastly' number all over TV screen

Posted: October 27, 2004
    11:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Was it a biblical warning or just imaginations running wild?

ABC News shows Kerry in a sea of sixes during Iowa campaign stop

During his presidential campaign in Iowa today, Democrat John Kerry was surrounded by a sea of handheld signs displaying the number six on them.

That caught the attention of WND reader Michael of Kaufman, Texas, who happened to record this evening broadcast of ABC's "World News Tonight."

"You can imagine my surprise, when they broadcast a video of John Kerry finishing a speech in Iowa to the acclaim of hundreds of people waving signs with the number six on them," he said. "The imagery of 666 appearing everywhere was too much to be ignored. I had to rewind my TIVO and shoot these photos of the TV screen."

According to the book of Revelation in the Bible, the number "666" is

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2004 #2
    If we had all been born with six fingers, as some of us are, our entire system of mathematics would be base twelve, and there would be a lot of sixes. I am very prejudiced regarding the number six, like there are two sixes in the number twelve, there are three sixes in the number eighteen, that is really scary. The number eighteen nearly makes me shriek, aaaaaaauugggghhhhhh eighteen. The devil made me say that number. Aaaaaaugggghhhhh I can't stop thinking about the evil of the number eighteen, not even to mention the number six hundred and sixty six. Oh my heavens that number should be banned from math, that number taints the whole science. We should burn all math books that contain that number, burn all houses at that address, destroy anything with the number 999 because if you turned it over it might be something bad. I hate Saturdays too, that is the sixth day. Six more days, until the religious right can crawl back under their rocks. Six more days, please make it happen. Get out and vote for sanitys sake.
  4. Oct 28, 2004 #3

Staff: Mentor

People see evil where they want to see evil.

Good post Dayle.
  5. Oct 28, 2004 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Anyone who reads the Bible would know better. We see here why Bush is in the running. Thanks.

If Kerry begins to doeth great wonders, if he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, and we make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live, then watch out!
  6. Oct 28, 2004 #5
    Ohhhh doething great wonders, like, my dishes, or the windows? Bowing down to the beast? Could that be a reference to marriage? It sounds like the guy in the bible lost the connection just after getting the prefix, though so long ago, they may have just had three digit phone numbers.

Operator please dial 666 for me
    Yeah, I wanna talk to the beast
    I know the beast is cranky if awakened too early
    Tell him it is me
    I said tell him it is me
    Yeah, Beast
    How is that wound healing?
    They are just about finished with the statue.
    Do you want the number on the statue?
    Well, no I don't want that number tattooed on my forehead
    Well, no I don't want that number tattooed on my palm,
    Fine, I won't call you so early next time.
    Yes, I am sure you are wasted from doething all those
    great wonders.
    Yes, I will try it sometime.
    NO, no tattoos thank you.
    G'bye Beast.
  7. Oct 29, 2004 #6

Staff: Mentor

So, I'm confused - is he or isn't he he anti-Christ? :uhh:
  8. Oct 29, 2004 #7
    No he isn't the anti-christ, the anti christ is currently symbolized by the little dermatophytes in the anti-toenail fungus advertisement.
  9. Oct 29, 2004 #8

And I was always told that acid was bad for you. :rolleyes:

:rofl: You're twisting my melon, man. Keep it up.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?