Keyboard ac adapter problem

In summary: If you're looking for a replacement adapter, we suggest purchasing a universal adapter. These adapters can be found at most electronics stores and usually have aInput:100-240v 50/60Hz; Output:12V/1A.
eagle2020
Hi
My GEM PK5(keyboard) ac adapter broke down. I used an alternative ac adapter on 12 volts but the whole keyboard shuts off and then on everytime I play on the keyboard when the volume is high enough. The original keyboard is big in size and the alternative ac adapter i used is small I am not sure if that means that the original ac adapter capacity is higher and that's of the type of adapter I need to buy.
My question is what kind of ac adapter I need to buy based on the information of the old ac adapter?I mean what kind of information I need to look for when I shop for my new ac adapter?
I will appreciate it if you know any links to buy the right ac adapter..
This is the information about the original keyboard ac adapter:
manufacturer:generalmusic
ac adapter-970315-
model:santai sa66-90
input:230v 50Hz
output:12V/2,2A/26,4VA

Thank you very much

Engineering news on Phys.org
eagle2020 said:
Hi
My GEM PK5(keyboard) ac adapter broke down. I used an alternative ac adapter on 12 volts but the whole keyboard shuts off and then on everytime I play on the keyboard when the volume is high enough. The original keyboard is big in size and the alternative ac adapter i used is small I am not sure if that means that the original ac adapter capacity is higher and that's of the type of adapter I need to buy.
My question is what kind of ac adapter I need to buy based on the information of the old ac adapter?I mean what kind of information I need to look for when I shop for my new ac adapter?
I will appreciate it if you know any links to buy the right ac adapter..
This is the information about the original keyboard ac adapter:
manufacturer:generalmusic
ac adapter-970315-
model:santai sa66-90
input:230v 50Hz
output:12V/2,2A/26,4VA

Thank you very much

Welcome to the PF. What is the output current capability of the new adapter that you bought? It looks like your old one could supply up to 2.2A at 12V (ac or dc output?).

1. What is a keyboard ac adapter problem?

A keyboard ac adapter problem refers to any issue with the power supply unit that is used to power a keyboard. This can include problems with the adapter itself, such as damage or malfunction, or issues with the connection between the adapter and the keyboard.

2. How do I know if my keyboard ac adapter is the problem?

If your keyboard is not receiving power or is not functioning properly, it could be due to a problem with the ac adapter. You can test this by using a different adapter or testing the current adapter on a different keyboard. If the problem persists with a different adapter, it is likely an issue with the keyboard itself.

3. Can I fix a keyboard ac adapter problem on my own?

In some cases, a keyboard ac adapter problem can be fixed by simply replacing the adapter. However, if the issue is more complex, it is recommended to seek professional help to avoid causing further damage to the adapter or keyboard.

4. How can I prevent a keyboard ac adapter problem in the future?

To prevent a keyboard ac adapter problem, make sure to use the correct adapter for your specific keyboard model and avoid using excessive force when plugging or unplugging the adapter. It is also important to keep the adapter and keyboard in a clean and dry environment to avoid any damage.

5. Is a keyboard ac adapter problem common?

Keyboard ac adapter problems are not uncommon, especially with frequent use. However, they can often be easily resolved with a replacement adapter or simple repair. Proper maintenance and care can also help prevent these issues from occurring.