Who was responsible for the poisoning of former KGB agent Alexander Litvinenko?

• News
  • Thread starter Rach3
  • Start date
In summary, Alexander Litvinenko, a former KGB agent who had become a vocal critic of the Russian government, died in London after being poisoned by a radioactive substance, polonium-210. His death is being investigated and linked to the presence of this substance in his body. Litvinenko had accused the Kremlin of being involved in his poisoning, and experts are searching for any residual radioactive material at various locations.
Anttech said:
You are forgetting Turkey through Asia Minor.
last time i looked there was the waters of the bosphorus. and turkey is completely sewn up with russia gas wise. russia joint owning the infrastructure etc

and like i said, does europe have the infrastructure to shop elsewhere?

Physics news on Phys.org
kesh said:
last time i looked there was the waters of the bosphorus. and turkey is completely sewn up with russia gas wise. russia joint owning the infrastructure etc

and like i said, does europe have the infrastructure to shop elsewhere?

Last time I looked the Istanbul Straight was there as well. Its a whole 700M across, its bridged, it has pipes under and over it, it has a City all around it. Its about the width of the Danube. People drive over it, walk over it, swim across it. Its not exactly stopping any Land Cargo from getting through Turkey to Greece, its not a barrier. Yes its filled with water, well done, for pointing that out. The Fact of the matter is I can WALK to India from Here without getting wet, or getting on a boat, yes I have to cross some bridges... Please don't try and assert that if I want to go over Land to get there I need to go through Russia, because I dont.

Anyway the EU does have the infrastructure to shop elsewhere what are you basing that on?

calm down

i'm not going to argue with you whether a bridge over sea straits qualifies as a land route or not

the question is whether europe has gas supply security should russia wish to exert its influence to threaten that security; or whether, as you contend, we can simply go to a different market.

suggest you read http://www.energymarkets.info/indes/docs/ws-papers/indes-pc1.pdf"

Last edited by a moderator:
calm down

i'm not going to argue with you whether a bridge over sea straits qualifies as a land route or not
Good, ok, sorry :smile:

the question is whether europe has gas supply security should russia wish to exert its influence to threaten that security; or whether, as you contend, we can simply go to a different market.
Thanks I will read that.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/upi/20070108-125045-8464r.htm"
"We are 100 percent sure who administered the poison, where and how," a police source told the newspaper, which said that Russian authorities were not likely to send the two suspected killers to Britain for trial.
"Both claim to have been contaminated as victims of the plot," the Mirror quoted the source as saying. "The view in Moscow is that we have the wrong men."
The Independent said Litvinenko may have been poisoned days earlier than previously thought and could have been exposed to radioactive material twice. Two Russian businessmen, one a former KGB officer and the other a former Soviet soldier, were subjects of Scotland Yard's investigation.

Last edited by a moderator: