A Temporary Goodbye - No Rumors Please

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
In summary, Gale was kicked out of her home by her parents. She is going to stay with some friends and is prepared for whatever may happen. She recommends that someone get emancipated in order to avoid problems in the future.
Gale
So, don't expect me around too much for a bit. my parents kicked me out today. I'm going to hopefully stay with some friends. I don't really have access to a good computer, so ya... i'll see you all in a bit, just didn't want anyone to get worried when i was gone... didn't want any rumors being spread around either... heh.. caio

Physics news on Phys.org
Gale, please keep in touch with us! Are you going to be ok?

i'll be fine. I'm a resourceful girl. this is the first time I've been "kicked out" but we've fought a lot before, and I've left for a few days. i can live out of my car easily enough, and i have some friends i can stay with for a while, and worse case senario, i can make them let me move back seeing as I'm only 17. i'll be fine... its an adventure...

Gale17 said:
i'll be fine. I'm a resourceful girl. this is the first time I've been "kicked out" but we've fought a lot before, and I've left for a few days. i can live out of my car easily enough, and i have some friends i can stay with for a while, and worse case senario, i can make them let me move back seeing as I'm only 17. i'll be fine... its an adventure...
Please let us know if you need anything.

Wow, that sucks. Are they kicking you out permanently? Are they still going to pay for college? Or was your scholarship enough anyway?

Oo, adventure! :smile:

Give auntie Evo a shout if you get stuck. And yeah, we know you're all resourceful and will be fine and everything, but be careful! Don't forget your pillow, and your towel.

This sucks. I hope it doesn't last long.

I didn't know parents could evict minor children.

Math Is Hard said:
I didn't know parents could evict minor children.
I don't think they can. The problem here is that if Gale went to the authorities, they would call in social services and that could get really ugly. They could take Gale into protective custody. That would stink.

My main concern is your safety, please stay with friends or family until your parents cool off. You have the right to be in your parent's home and can go there any time. They would not harm you, would they?

Last edited:
In the Uk, you can be evicted on your 16th birthday! Sadly this has happened to several children that I have taught. All of them were girls. In the Uk this is due to benefit for a child stopping when they reach 16, and also stepfathers who don't want a '*****' daughter at home.

Life sucks sometimes. Gail, I hope all goes well. Keep in touch with PF, and I hope that all goes well.

Oh, geez, Gale, that sucks. Yeah, doesn't help much to go to the authorities about it since you'd be 18 by the time sorted anything out anyway (unless, of course, you wind up without a place to stay...a 17 year old sleeping in her car doesn't sound like the best of options. Please be safe Gale. I hope you'll check in from time to time...use the public library computers even...just to let us know you're okay. If you feel you're in any danger at all or can't find a safe place to stay, let us know. There are plenty of people here who can help you locate safe places to go.

Moonbear, you forgot to close that bracket. Allow me. )

Yeah Gale, if you're reading, don't kip in your car. At least steal a tent and camp on your parents' lawn or something. That'll teach 'em. Besides, sleeping in a car is fegging freezing.

That's just terrible Gale. It's good to see that you don't seem terribly defeated by it, that would probably put a hitch in your getting on. Be careful where you go and the people you trust. Make sure to have something on you to use for protection just incase. Nick a maglite or something from your parents if needs be.
Take care. Hope to see you back and everything going well soon.

Gale, I completely understand your situation! My advice? GET LEGALLY EMANCIPATED! This way you can sign for your college loans and not rely on them should they decide to hold a grudge. At 17, I sought to get emancipated, but my mother begged me not too. One month later, she told me to leave (I still had a year of high school left) and never got emancipated. When college came around, I couldn't get my parents to sign my financial aid papers, thus couldn't afford college because I had to support myself completely.

I wish you lots of luck sweetie.

1. What is "A Temporary Goodbye - No Rumors Please"?

"A Temporary Goodbye - No Rumors Please" is a phrase commonly used in scientific research to signify a break in communication or collaboration without spreading any false information.

2. Why is it important to have a temporary goodbye in scientific research?

A temporary goodbye allows for a break in communication without causing any harm or misunderstandings. It ensures that any information shared during the collaboration is accurate and prevents the spread of false rumors or speculation.

3. How does a temporary goodbye affect the scientific community?

A temporary goodbye promotes a culture of respect and integrity within the scientific community. It encourages researchers to take breaks and prioritize their mental health while also maintaining a professional and ethical approach to their work.

4. Can a temporary goodbye be permanent?

In most cases, a temporary goodbye is intended to be temporary and is used to signify a break in communication for a specific period of time. However, if both parties agree and circumstances allow, a temporary goodbye can become permanent.

5. How can scientists ensure a temporary goodbye is effective?

To ensure a temporary goodbye is effective, it is important for both parties to communicate openly and honestly about their needs and expectations. It is also essential to maintain confidentiality and respect for each other's work during the break. Additionally, setting a specific time frame for the temporary goodbye can help to ensure that communication is reestablished in a timely manner.