• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/08/21/wbeer21.xml

Kids' Beer, a non-alcoholic drink from Japan which tastes similar to cola, is expected to arrive in shops in Britain soon. It is sold in brown glass bottles and has a frothy, lager-like head when poured. The labels, which depict cartoon characters, carry the slogan: "Even kids cannot stand life unless they have a drink."

One advertisement for Kids' Beer, known as "kodomo biiru" in Japan, shows a boy crying because he has failed a maths test and then weeping for joy after drinking the beverage.
What'll they think of next ?!

Answers and Replies

My god! :surprised Just wait until cooperate america gets wind of this....I can see Anheuser Bush ramping up production as we type. How long before this makes it into schools...

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Gokul43201 said:
What'll they think of next ?!
Pokémon cigarettes?

I have always drank rootbeer{soda} from bottles made from brown glass. I always thought they were ment to look like real beer bottles.

GCT
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Product itself doesn't seem too bad, it's supposed to have stimulant properties as opposed to alcohol a depressant. I think that the slogan is intended to be humorous, towards the parent figures, and for that it is intended to sell; parents will have a good laugh (although slightly offended), note the stimulant ("make your child smarter") properties ("ahh, ok, I get the message/intention"...relief), and many will buy it.

Probably won't do to well in the US though.

NateTG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Not that drinking beer is really that big a health threat.

JamesU
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
Pokémon cigarettes?
:rofl: :rofl:

NateTG said:
Not that drinking beer is really that big a health threat.
It is for anyone with a tendency to develop alcoholism. Alcohol in moderation may not be harmful, but alcoholics can die from DT's as well as liver complications. BTW the liver is an organ that once damaged can not be repaired by the body as far as I understand.