Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Kids' Beer

1. Sep 2, 2005 #1

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/08/21/wbeer21.xml

What'll they think of next ?!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2005 #2
    My god! :surprised Just wait until cooperate america gets wind of this....I can see Anheuser Bush ramping up production as we type. How long before this makes it into schools...

4. Sep 2, 2005 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Pokémon cigarettes?

5. Sep 2, 2005 #4
    I have always drank rootbeer{soda} from bottles made from brown glass. I always thought they were ment to look like real beer bottles.

6. Sep 2, 2005 #5

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Product itself doesn't seem too bad, it's supposed to have stimulant properties as opposed to alcohol a depressant. I think that the slogan is intended to be humorous, towards the parent figures, and for that it is intended to sell; parents will have a good laugh (although slightly offended), note the stimulant ("make your child smarter") properties ("ahh, ok, I get the message/intention"...relief), and many will buy it.

Probably won't do to well in the US though.

7. Sep 2, 2005 #6

NateTG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Not that drinking beer is really that big a health threat.

8. Sep 2, 2005 #7

JamesU

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl:

9. Sep 2, 2005 #8
    It is for anyone with a tendency to develop alcoholism. Alcohol in moderation may not be harmful, but alcoholics can die from DT's as well as liver complications. BTW the liver is an organ that once damaged can not be repaired by the body as far as I understand.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?