Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Killing the poor

1. Mar 1, 2005 #1
    Every country wants to raise the number of people above poverty line.
    If we killed the poor people in our countries all the people would be rich.
    This could be used for overpopulation also.
    What do u all say?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2005 #2

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:cry: ... or we could kill the rich and distribute the wealth to the poor and as such eliminate poverty (with fewer lost lives)... unfortunately trivial solutions don't work in social problems, they just generate new ones (and in this case a new group of people belonging to the very same old categories) ... :yuck:

4. Mar 1, 2005 #3

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Who defines poor? Why should financial success make you any more qualified to live than the man in poverty? Does lack of worldly goods mean you are some how not fit to live?

I say Kill anybody who wants to kill entire populations of people.

5. Mar 1, 2005 #4

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yes,there's one aspect which should not be avoided:eek:verpopulation appears only in countries with very many poor people...It's not logical...However,i think it's a manifestation of culture.They're used to having 8-15 children...:yuck:

Killing is not an option.China has done the good thing...Their problem is that the # of families is so big,that even 1 kid /family would generate overpopulation.:tongue2:

Daniel.

6. Mar 1, 2005 #5

what say chound :devil:

7. Mar 1, 2005 #6
    Not really. China has a habit of winding up with many dead baby daughters in favor of baby sons. As a result, in about 20 years there will be a serious shortage of women, and more importantly, a huge drop in population growth--which is the whole point.

8. Mar 1, 2005 #7

honestrosewater

Gold Member

I've been wanting to ask this for a long time: Why don't you put spaces after punctuation? Just curious.

9. Mar 1, 2005 #8
    Does it matter? For me, Dex appears to be a very helpful member in this forum. So as long as he helps, punctuation is no problem..

Anyway: Another question on poverty: why do the 3rd world own debts to the first world, when it was the europeans, (i.e. the first world now) who invaded asia and africa to slaughter millions and to steal all of their resources..?

10. Mar 1, 2005 #9

honestrosewater

Gold Member

I wasn't complaining, and, as I said, I'm just curious.

11. Mar 1, 2005 #10

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Used to writing in tex,where i cannot do that.Is it really relevant...?I doubt it.And i don't know whether i'm the only one (doing this) or not...

And i don't care... :tongue2:

Daniel.

P.S.You see,i leave spaces for the brackets.The brackets would "stick" to the letters and it would look ugly... :yuck:

12. Mar 1, 2005 #11

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Post P.S.Curiosity satisfied...?I guess you'll be able 2 sleep much better tonite...:tongue2:

Daniel.

13. Mar 1, 2005 #12

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Okay- I was just asking.

Edit: It's just not something I see often. I was just wondering if you did it for some particular reason. Yes, I can die contented now.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  14. Mar 1, 2005 #13
    I suspect chound made a ghastly typo, or a few. I think he meant to say:
    If my suspicions are correct, then I wholeheartedly agree.

15. Mar 1, 2005 #14

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Genocide & punctuation. Will anyone mind that I close this topic?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?