Kim Jong Il: Is There a More Beloved Leader?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the leader of North Korea is sick and is likely already dead. His son, Jong Nam, is the most likely candidate to take over.
tribdog
sorry, just wanted to be the first to type that headline.
Is there a leader of any country in the world so loved by his people?

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh no, our beloved leader is sick?

I hear he personally had sex with every woman in korea. So he is literally the father of our country. We are all brothers and systers!

Hooray!

Did not know you were North Korean, Cyrus, but that explains soooooooooo much.

Anyway, given the secrecy, it is possible that he's already dead and we don't know it. Hopefully, his death will improve things there, but I won't be holding my breath. Cuba still has a long way to go.

Good riddance.

Cyrus said:
Oh no, our beloved leader is sick?

I hear he personally had sex with every woman in korea. So he is literally the father of our country. We are all brothers and systers!

Hooray!

I didn't know that. He is/was an amazing man though. Did you know he only played golf one time in his life and got Eighteen holes in one.
Edit: that's eighteen times he got a hole in one. not eighteen holes, in one stroke. Although he could have if he'd wanted to.

Last edited:
tribdog said:
I didn't know that. He is/was an amazing man though. Did you know he only played golf one time in his life and got Eighteen holes in one.
Edit: that's eighteen times he got a hole in one. not eighteen holes, in one stroke. Although he could have if he'd wanted to.

He also has a pillow made from the down of 10k birds.

What kind of birds? The down of 10K hummingbirds could probably fit in a throw pillow. Emus, on the other wing, could probably fill an Olympic size pool sized pillow.

This could actually be a problem. There is no line of succession in N Korea. One of his son's will probably step in. I did see on a newscast that one of the sons was disowned because he tried to make a trip to the Tokyo Disney land.

Presently, Kim Jong Il has three sons: Jong Nam (37), who was born to movie actress Sung Hye Rim (deceased in 2002), Jong Cheol (27) and Jong Woon (25), who were born to Ko Young Hee (deceased in May 2004), a former dancer in the Pyongyang Mansudae Art Troupe.

Regarding the hereditary succession of power from father to son, suggestion and rumors have been circulating internationally; for example that Kim Ok, who is acting as the de facto wife of Kim Jong Il, and Lee Jeh Gang, the First Vice Director of the Guidance Department, are moving to install Kim Jong Cheol as the successor, or that Kim Jong Nam, who is currently traveling overseas, is ultimately to return to the North with China's backing.

http://www.dailynk.com/english/read.php?cataId=nk00400&num=4047

And these people have nukes

1. Who is Kim Jong Il and why is he considered a beloved leader?

Kim Jong Il was the leader of North Korea from 1994 until his death in 2011. He is considered a beloved leader by many North Koreans due to his authoritarian rule and propaganda that portrayed him as a heroic and god-like figure.

2. How did Kim Jong Il come to power?

Kim Jong Il succeeded his father, Kim Il Sung, as the leader of North Korea after his death in 1994. He was appointed as his successor and continued his father's legacy of authoritarian rule.

3. What are some of the human rights violations associated with Kim Jong Il's regime?

Kim Jong Il's regime has been accused of numerous human rights violations, including political repression, torture, forced labor, and censorship. North Korea is consistently ranked as one of the worst countries for human rights abuses.

4. Is Kim Jong Il still considered a beloved leader by the North Korean people?

While the North Korean government continues to portray Kim Jong Il as a beloved leader, it is difficult to determine how the North Korean people truly feel due to the strict control of information and lack of freedom of expression in the country.

5. How has Kim Jong Il's leadership impacted North Korea's economy and foreign relations?

During Kim Jong Il's rule, North Korea's economy suffered greatly due to mismanagement and isolationist policies. The country also faced international sanctions for its nuclear program. However, Kim Jong Il was able to maintain relations with certain countries, such as China and Russia, through strategic alliances.