1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Kinematics Homework Help

1. Jan 20, 2006 #1
    Kinematics Homework Help!!!!

There are a few of my homework Problems I am having trouble with:
    1) A lead ball is dropped into a lake from a diving board 5.80 above the water. After entering the water, it sinks to the bottom with a constant velocity equal to the velocity with which it hit the water. The ball reaches the bottom 3.50 after it is released. How deep is the lake?

2)Jill has just gotten out of her car in the grocery store parking lot. The parking lot is on a hill and is tilted . Fifty meters downhill from Jill, a little old lady lets go of a fully loaded shopping cart. The cart, with frictionless wheels, starts to roll straight downhill. Jill immediately starts to sprint after the cart with her top acceleration of 2 m/s^2 . How far has the cart rolled before Jill catches it?

3)A rocket is launched straight up with constant acceleration. Four seconds after liftoff, a bolt falls off the side of the rocket. The bolt hits the ground 7.10 later. What was the rocket's acceleration?

In all of the problems I have the basic understanding of the equations and knowledge needed to solve them but am having some trouble putting it all together. Thanks!

Julianne

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2006 #2
    how do you think these problems should be solved? any guesses?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?