Kinematics of rigid bodies 2

In summary, at the given instant, bar AB has a constant angular velocity of 25 rad/s counterclockwise and the angular velocity of rectangular plate FBDH can be determined using the formula Va = Vb + Wba x Ra/b. The velocity of point F can be calculated using the instantaneous centre of rotation method.

Homework Statement

At the instant shown, bar AB has a constant angular velocity of 25 rad/s counterclockwise. Dtermine at that instant a) the angular velocity of the rectangular plate FBDH, b) the velocity of point F

Homework Equations

Va = Vb + Wba x Ra/b

The Attempt at a Solution

Found Vb with the above formula which equals to 507.5j. And i think i should use the instantaneous centre of rotation method but i don't know how to find it.
Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 385
Physics news on Phys.org
385sk117 said:
Found Vb with the above formula which equals to 507.5j. And i think i should use the instantaneous centre of rotation method but i don't know how to find it.
Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Hi 385sk117! :smile:

Do you mean you don't know how to find the instantaneous centre of rotation?

You know that B is moving perpendicular to AB, and D is moving perpendicular to DE. :wink:

1. What is the difference between linear and angular kinematics of rigid bodies?

The linear kinematics of rigid bodies deals with the motion of an object in a straight line, while the angular kinematics deals with the rotation of an object about a fixed axis.

2. How is the velocity of a rigid body calculated?

The velocity of a rigid body can be calculated by dividing the distance traveled by the time taken. It is represented by the symbol v and its unit is meters per second (m/s).

3. What is rotational motion?

Rotational motion is the movement of a rigid body around a fixed point or axis. It is also known as circular motion and is measured in radians per second (rad/s).

4. How does acceleration affect the motion of a rigid body?

Acceleration is the rate of change of velocity and it can either increase or decrease the speed of a rigid body. It is represented by the symbol a and its unit is meters per second squared (m/s²).

5. What is the difference between linear and angular momentum?

Linear momentum is the product of an object's mass and its velocity, while angular momentum is the product of an object's moment of inertia and its angular velocity. Both are conserved quantities in a closed system.

Suggested for: Kinematics of rigid bodies 2

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies