1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Kinetic Friction homework help

1. Dec 17, 2007 #1
    I need some serious help with my homework.
    I have no idea how to solve the following problem:

A 925 N crate is being pushed across a level floor by a force F of 325 N at and angle of 25 degrees above the horizontal. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the crate and floor is 0.25. Find the magnitude of the acceleration of the crate.

Please Help!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2007 #2

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You have to show some work to get help here.

If you haven't got far enough to do calculations, then at least give some thoughts on the problem. What concepts do you think apply? What laws can be used here?

4. Dec 17, 2007 #3
    i have no clue!! my teacher never bothered to teach our class anything about this!

5. Dec 17, 2007 #4

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

These forums are not here to help you get others to do your homework, but to get help with your homework. You have to show that you put some thought into the problem to get help here. You can't possibly know NOTHING about the problem. Have you read the section in the book on friction? Have you read the chapter on forces? You must have talked about these topics at least a tiny bit in class. Try to answer these questions to get started on the problem:

1)You are given forces and want to find the acceleration of a system. How do you find the acceleration of a system from the forces on it?

2)How does knowing the coefficient of friction help you find the friction force?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?