Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

King Kong

1. Dec 12, 2005 #1
    The trailer for the new version of "King Kong" look very good, and it seems to be getting very favorable reviews:

One thing that really struck me is that, rather than update it to today, they have remade it still set in the 1930's like the original. That's pretty unusual for a remake, and suggests it's much more worth seeing than the last, awful, remake.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2005 #2

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The 30's is so much cooler than today.

Everything today is so lame, and always about standing out, which is stupid.
  4. Dec 12, 2005 #3

Gold Member

I never even bothered looking at the last one, but this just might be worth it.
  5. Dec 12, 2005 #4
    You're dreamin' bud. It was the great depression.
  6. Dec 12, 2005 #5

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

That has nothing to do with the style.

Oh yeah I forgot, if you don't have money, you don't have style. :rolleyes:
  7. Dec 12, 2005 #6
    i saw the previews for the game before i ever saw previews for the movie. i still don't ever see the movie previews often. the game looked neat?
  8. Dec 12, 2005 #7
    Hmmm. There was just an add on the History Channel for and upcoming show they're doing on Gigantopithecus. They're calling it: Giganto: The Real King Kong.
  9. Dec 12, 2005 #8
    It looks like it's going to be great. I'm going to go see it as soon as possible. Probably on Thursday.
    It was part of my list of movies I needed to see.
    Goblet of Fire
    The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
    I think that's all the ones I really wanted to see.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  10. Dec 20, 2005 #9
    Just saw the movie. I recommend it very much. Really great cinema.
  11. Dec 20, 2005 #10
    I saw it the other day myself. It was definitely very good. It did drag a bit though, being a three hour movie. The woman practically falling in love with the ape was rather cheesy too.
    Women don't fall in love with apes, I should know.

Other than that though the movie was pretty damn good.
  12. Dec 20, 2005 #11

Gold Member

ÆON FLUX was pretty good. Much better than the TV show

Now I want to go see King Kong
  13. Dec 20, 2005 #12
    I saw the movie, and i don t really get it. Is the women in love with the monkey? If so, then she is unfaithful.
  14. Dec 20, 2005 #13
    BLASPHEMER!! The very thing that made ÆON FLUX so great was the surrealism in environment, technology, characters, and plot. The movie made most of these things far too conventional and pretty much turned it into just another overrated scifi flick. It was almost like they meshed together a few outterlimits scripts then gave the special effects guy a couple tabs of acid.
  15. Dec 20, 2005 #14
    I think the idea was supposed to be that she grew a great affection for it. I would have to say that this was overdone and made to seem almost as if she were romanitcally in love.
  16. Dec 21, 2005 #15
    Hmm... I think the woman is romanically in love with the monkey, and that is she is so hesitant in going with the 'male' character when he tried to resures her from kong. There is simply no signs in the movie that suggest she is not in love with the monkey. All signs seem to show she has a great 'affection' for the monkey. The way i see it, she is being unfaithful, but i am not sure if i interpreted right.
  17. Dec 21, 2005 #16
    Refering to King Kong as a "monkey" is like refering to Godzilla as a "salamander".
  18. Dec 21, 2005 #17
    Well, i am sorry(?) this bother you. I can t do anything about it.
  19. Dec 21, 2005 #18
    I saw King Kong and it was very good. They really did a great job with Kong or King. He's as human even more human in some scenes than the other characters. With a few simple, yet elegant facial expressions they did a great job in making you feel for the character.
  20. Dec 21, 2005 #19
    Get(?) a vocabulary.
  21. Dec 21, 2005 #20
    Kong was an ape. Alot of people don't know it but there is a difference between "monkeys" and "apes".
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?