1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Kmap Question

1. Sep 9, 2009 #1
    Draw a Kmap for

f(A,B,C) = E m(0,1,3,6,7)

I've had enough expirence with kmap through my digital courses to understand them, but I've never seen them described this way,

AB
    00 01 11 10
    C 0 1 0 1 0
    C 1 1 1 1 0

Is this correct way of drawing it?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Looks correct, but if you use the [ code ] [ / code ] tags (without spaces) around the table, it will preserve the spacings.

I haven't seen that notation before either...

4. Sep 9, 2009 #3

berkeman

Code (Text):

ab
         00 01 11 10
    c 0  1  0   1  0
    c 1  1  1   1  0

5. Sep 9, 2009 #4
    thanks for the help I than simplified it to (AB + A'B' + A'C), but when I use a simplifing program it says that I'm correct or it could also be (AB + A'B' + BC). I'm little confused with this one. My professor said once we simplified it we were suppose to find the Static 1 Hazard with this function, do you think the two different answers is what I'm looking for?

6. Sep 9, 2009 #5

berkeman

Both answer work for that K-map, and I think usually you would pick one based on other considerations (like availability of inverted signals, etc. I'm not seeing the hazard -- am I missing one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazard_(logic [Broken])

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook