Introducing Robin: A Triple Major in Physics, Math, and Chemistry

• Thread starter Hobin
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's decision to pursue a triple major in Physics, Math, and Chemistry and how they manage the workload. They highlight the benefits of studying these fields together and offer advice for students considering a triple major in the sciences. Their future plans involve a career in research and potentially further education through graduate studies.
Hobin
Guess I'd better post my own introduction here, then. Hi, people!

So, I'm new on the physics forums, and I look forward to discussing/debating with all of you. My name's Robin, and (how odd) my surname starts with an 'H'. Hence my username. I go to a wonderful university in the Netherlands, where I'm a triple major in physics, math and chemistry (you can laugh now - seriously, you can). Feel free to ask me why I'm such a fool. ;)

Robin

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome Robin. With a triple major like that, you'll be a triple threat around here.

What kind of fish do you like (let's just see if you're a fool)? :biggrin:

Shrimps don't count as fish, do they? I suppose 'twould be herring. ;)

Good choice!

:whacks Hobin with a herring:

Welcome to PF!

Welcome to PF, Hobin! :smile:

Since I'm also from the Netherlands I feel you are a bit closer to home than most people on PF (I only know that Andre is from the Netherlands).
So I'll bite, what made you take 3 majors?

Oh, and this is required, sorry: *slaps Hobin with a herring*

Hobin of the Hood?

Pengwuino said:
Hobin of the Hood?

No, Hobin Rood, silly!

DaveC426913 said:
No, Hobin Rood, silly!

:rofl:

1. What inspired you to pursue a triple major in Physics, Math, and Chemistry?

I have always been fascinated by the natural world and how it can be explained through science. My passion for physics, math, and chemistry developed in high school, where I excelled in these subjects and found myself wanting to learn more and more. I also saw how interconnected these fields are and how studying them together could provide a deeper understanding of the universe.

2. How do you manage to balance the workload of three demanding majors?

Balancing a triple major can be challenging, but it is all about time management and prioritization. I make sure to create a schedule and stick to it, setting aside specific times for studying and completing assignments for each major. I also make use of resources such as study groups and tutoring to help me stay on top of the material.

3. What are the benefits of pursuing a triple major in these specific fields?

Studying physics, math, and chemistry together has allowed me to see the connections between these disciplines and how they can be applied to real-world problems. It has also given me a well-rounded education in the sciences, making me a versatile and adaptable problem solver. Additionally, having a diverse skill set in these fields opens up a wide range of career opportunities.

4. What advice do you have for students considering a triple major in the sciences?

My advice would be to carefully consider your interests and strengths before committing to a triple major. It is important to have a genuine passion for these subjects, as the workload can be intense. It is also crucial to have good time management skills and a support system in place. Don't be afraid to seek help when needed and remember to take breaks and prioritize self-care.

5. What are your future plans with your triple major degree?

My ultimate goal is to pursue a career in research, where I can use my knowledge and skills in physics, math, and chemistry to contribute to the scientific community. I am also considering furthering my education through graduate studies in a related field. I am excited to see where my triple major will take me and the opportunities it will open up for me in the future.