Krypton Humanoids: The Possibility of Aliens Evolving to Look Like Humans

• Thread starter lucas_
  • Start date
In summary: Asking about how humanoids may look like in other planets. I suddenly recalled hearing about these "Nordics aliens". For the seasoned sci-fi enthuasiasts or folks here. Do you know what movies in the past originated this now widespread myth that is now all over the internet...What movies in the past have long hair aliens like the above? Let's trace the source of the myth of these alleged alien humanoids that looked like humans. Are they are from star trek? I can't recall seeing them on TV or the movies. Perhaps ones in the 1950s?If what you are really asking about is the origin of "humanoid" alien depictions in early sci-fi, the answer is almost
lucas_
I was watching Krypton. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4276624/

The inhabitants of the planet look like humans on Earth but unrelated to earthlings.

If aliens evolved elsewhere and looked like humans. Would their female have long hair and male short hair, or opposite? Do you think they also wear jeans and blue in color or maybe green? What do you think are the possible changes in their appearance and society if they also looked like humans?

Physics news on Phys.org
You only have to look at the way human fashions have changed in the last 50 years to realize that the planet of their birth has less to do with what they wear and how they do their hair than the social structure of their civilisation. Just look at back to the future, where they think he's wearing a life preserver. So honestly, they could be wearing anything. They might not have harsh environments and social hangups, and might walk around naked.

I feel your questions are quite trivial - you might instead consider why they would evolve hair at all, why it would only be on their heads, etc. Whether they wear it in a man-bun is down to their taste, and is entirely up to you as the author.

Likes Klystron and russ_watters
Asking about how humanoids may look like in other planets. I suddenly recalled hearing about these "Nordics aliens". For the seasoned sci-fi enthuasiasts or folks here. Do you know what movies in the past originated this now widespread myth that is now all over the internet. Just google "Nordics aliens" and you will find stuff like this. What movies popularized all these? About 15 years ago. I joined an abductee support group. The mailing list owner alleged she met Nordics who can vanish in front of her eyes. I told her she was crazy and she removed me from the list. But they are serious people, many were mothers with children who lived normal lives.

nordics.JPG
Notice the long hair of males. What movies in the past have long hair aliens like the above? Let's trace the source of the myth of these alleged alien humanoids that looked like humans. Are they are from star trek? I can't recall seeing them on TV or the movies. Perhaps ones in the 1950s?

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting towards here.

In so far as your initial question of "what humanoids could look like on other planets", the possibilities are near enough endless, and depend on such an array of things, the question "do they have long hair" remains incredibly trivial;
What colour is their skin?
Do they even have skin?
do they have an exoskeleton?
do they contain bladders of buoyant gas?
how many eyes do they have?
do they even have eyes?
do they have hair?
do they have hands?
If so, how many fingers do they have? how many joints per finger?
feet, hooves, stumps?
What do they breathe?
Do they even breathe?

In the world of Sci-Fi, aliens have no hard fast rules. So asking "assuming they look exactly human, what trouser colour would they prefer?" is the same as asking "what trouser colour do humans prefer?". Personal taste.

Now, if you're looking to delve into whether there really are aliens among us, characterised from myths, dating back to (at a guess) the times when Vikings were literally traveling everywhere, as looking like Vikings and looking & acting different to everyone else, I suspect the foundation of the myths is that they are Vikings.

"it was a strange, tall man, with long blond hair, who spoke another language and smelt cleaner than any man I know"

"oh, them, saw them down by the river the other day."

lucas_ said:
Asking about how humanoids may look like in other planets. I suddenly recalled hearing about these "Nordics aliens". For the seasoned sci-fi enthuasiasts or folks here. Do you know what movies in the past originated this now widespread myth that is now all over the internet...

What movies in the past have long hair aliens like the above? Let's trace the source of the myth of these alleged alien humanoids that looked like humans. Are they are from star trek? I can't recall seeing them on TV or the movies. Perhaps ones in the 1950s?
If what you are really asking about is the origin of "humanoid" alien depictions in early sci-fi, the answer is almost certainly a matter of practicality: Due to limited budgets and technology, if you wanted an alien to act, it had to be a human in a costume. But you would still want them to look different from humans. Everything about their appearance would have evolved from those principles.

Likes dsaun777, Bystander, BillTre and 1 other person
One of the Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina features a rather sleazy guy talking a naive girl of a very similar looking species into bed. Afterwards, rather to his surprise, she paralyses him with her venom and eats him. Moral of the story: similar physical appearance doesn't necessarily mean similar biology (at least in SF), let alone similar culture.

However, on TV and film, if you've got a bunch of hot actors and actresses then covering them in heavy makeup is expensive and probably reduces their hotness - two reasons for human aliens. And as to clothes, if you copy current styles then viewers immediately understand whether someone's dressed casual, formal, or whatever without having to add some exposition.

lucas_ said:
Do you think they also wear jeans

I think the most famous Kryptonian wears tights.

Likes dsaun777
I think we don't have to concern ourselves with all these. Here is time to read this book by Gribbin that suggests the possibility we are really alone in the entire universe.

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/john-gribbin/alone-universe/
This is more comforting to think than facing the possibility that renegrade AI Insectoid based borg-like alien lifeforms with subterranean joint Insectoid-Human facilities exist which abductees were claiming. Our arguments against them is to tell them to read Gribbin book that we were likely alone in the universe, and it's all just dream caused perhaps by too much carnival rides or alcohol.

@lucas_, it is not clear to me what the intent of your post is, especially as you've now noted that "we don't have to concern ourselves with all these", referring to the replies to your original question.

Gribbin is an excellent author, but any argument for / against extraterrestrial intelligent life (or any alien life for that matter) is merely supposition, not established fact.

So you may take comfort from Alone in the Universe, but the book does not prove anything, apart from the fact that thus far we've not found any evidence of alien life.

1. Is it possible for aliens to evolve to look like humans?

Yes, it is possible for aliens to evolve to look like humans. Evolution is a complex process that is influenced by various factors such as environment, natural selection, and genetic mutations. If an alien species were to live in a similar environment to humans and face similar selective pressures, it is possible that they could evolve to have similar physical characteristics.

2. What is the likelihood of aliens on Krypton evolving to look like humans?

The likelihood of aliens on Krypton evolving to look like humans is purely speculative as Krypton is a fictional planet. However, if we consider the characteristics of Krypton in the DC Comics universe, it is possible that the planet had a similar environment and selective pressures as Earth, making it possible for humanoid aliens to evolve.

3. Are there any scientific theories or evidence to support the idea of Krypton humanoids?

There is currently no scientific evidence or theories specifically about Krypton humanoids. However, the concept of convergent evolution suggests that similar environments and selective pressures can lead to the evolution of similar traits in different species. This could potentially apply to the idea of humanoid aliens evolving on Krypton or other planets.

4. How would Krypton humanoids differ from humans?

It is impossible to accurately predict the exact differences between Krypton humanoids and humans without more information about their planet and evolutionary history. However, they could potentially have differences in physical appearance, such as skin color, facial features, and body proportions, as well as differences in their biological systems and abilities.

5. Could Krypton humanoids and humans interbreed?

Again, without more information about Krypton humanoids, it is impossible to accurately answer this question. However, based on the concept of convergent evolution, it is possible that Krypton humanoids may share enough genetic similarities with humans to allow for interbreeding. However, this is purely speculative and not supported by any scientific evidence.