L&O: Trial by Jury - good?

  • Thread starter MrOrange99
  • Start date
Law & Order : Trial by Jury is now being syndicated and I have the chance to start from the beginning. Is it worth it, who knows about this spin-off of L&O? I need to figure out if its worth investing time in, although it I am optimistic because it seems to be more my speed compared to the original L&O.

Fans or Critics!
 

Danger

Gold Member
9,564
244
I must confess that it's the only member of the group that I didn't watch. Saw the first episode, but I was so disappointed at the loss of Jerry Orbach that it just didn't seem right after that. :frown:
 

rachmaninoff

MrOrange99 said:
Fans or Critics!
Soap operas are inane.
 
666
6
unlike other quality programing?
 

rachmaninoff

tribdog said:
unlike other quality programing?
You mean like the Weather Channel, the Simpsons, CSPAN-1, 2, and 3?
 
111
1
rachmaninoff said:
You mean like the Weather Channel, the Simpsons, CSPAN-1, 2, and 3?
Do NOT take the Simpsons name in vain!
 

rachmaninoff

zanazzi78 said:
Do NOT take the Simpsons name in vain!
I didn't realize I was. I named three things which were not inane.
 
666
6
naming 5 things and calling them three things is inane
 
Danger said:
I must confess that it's the only member of the group that I didn't watch. Saw the first episode, but I was so disappointed at the loss of Jerry Orbach that it just didn't seem right after that. :frown:
Yeah, I am hoping it is coming back strong soon. I like the idea behind it, with the jury interactions.....
 
zanazzi78 said:
Do NOT take the Simpsons name in vain!

HAHA, how did I miss this comment? PRICELESS!
 
Well, tonight is the night I'll find out if TBJ is any good.
If its casualty of ratings or a big ol' bomb.....
I am hoping that its GOOD!

I'll have to get back to this thread and post my first impressions.
 

ek

180
0
Law and Order: Trial By Jury was the best show on television for the short time it was on. It is a shame it got cancelled, they should have ditched CI instead.

TBJ had some of the best episodes of any show I've ever watched. Outstanding show.
 
ek said:
Law and Order: Trial By Jury was the best show on television for the short time it was on. It is a shame it got cancelled, they should have ditched CI instead.

TBJ had some of the best episodes of any show I've ever watched. Outstanding show.

YES....I loved it!
It is bittersweet because I know its only one season, but I will be watching religiously from now on. Bebe is brilliant in this role as well...
I don't know why it didn't get ratings, it seems like it is going to get better with each episode.
 
1,062
6
Ditch CI? Are you nuts? Criminal Intent is my favorite of all the Law and Orders
 
I really liked it. I thought it was engaging, and I always preferred the original L&O, because it had the most court and prosecution scenes. I dislike CI for the lack of them.

But other people I know complained about it being too "boring" or "heavy", which I would assume is why it was cancelled. If it's not a laugh-track comedy or a gore fest, then it's bound to get the axe nowadays. Makes you wonder why someone would watch a Law and Order series if they wanted something that wasn't heavy though.
 

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
1,717
5
I barely even remember this show existing. Since people are bringing up great shows that didn't last long, though, Firefly needs to be mentioned. It's hard to believe how the idiots at Fox can continually cancel good shows while retaining the mediocre ones, but hey, I guess the Nielsen families prefer mediocrity. Let's just hope that Showtime saves Arrested Development, as is being rumored.
 
350
0
MrOrange99 said:
Law & Order : Trial by Jury is now being syndicated and I have the chance to start from the beginning. Is it worth it, who knows about this spin-off of L&O? I need to figure out if its worth investing time in, although it I am optimistic because it seems to be more my speed compared to the original L&O.
Fans or Critics!
I like it, I really cannot wait for it to start up again in a month or so.

edit.. aww crap, it was canceled!!! I did not know that.

NBC sucks, they killed BoomTown like that too.
 
350
0
ek said:
Law and Order: Trial By Jury was the best show on television for the short time it was on. It is a shame it got cancelled, they should have ditched CI instead.

TBJ had some of the best episodes of any show I've ever watched. Outstanding show.
Are you NUTS!!!! CI is awesome!!! no one beats Vincent D'Onofrio for most kooky detective!!!

I love how he messes with people :-)
 
350
0
loseyourname said:
I barely even remember this show existing. Since people are bringing up great shows that didn't last long, though, Firefly needs to be mentioned. It's hard to believe how the idiots at Fox can continually cancel good shows while retaining the mediocre ones, but hey, I guess the Nielsen families prefer mediocrity. Let's just hope that Showtime saves Arrested Development, as is being rumored.
Well... the show did rock, and I wish that the stars would let Sci-Fi revive it, but they do not want to do a television series anymore.... and to bad for them that the movie did not make money in theaters... it was a great movie. Morons like my friend though apparently cannot link it to the TV show (though it fits in fine).
 
1,062
6
ComputerGeek said:
Are you NUTS!!!! CI is awesome!!! no one beats Vincent D'Onofrio for most kooky detective!!!
I love how he messes with people :-)
HAHAHA Exactly!!!!!! I was watching an old episode of CI last night (they show a ton of reruns on Bravo and USA), and they told this girl that her boyfriend gave her HIV. She later set her boyfriend up, and the cops got him. She told her boyfriend that he ruined both of their lives, and then Eames told her that she was going to live a long healthy life, she didn't have aids. Then Goren looked at her and said, I'm sorry, I lied. And the look on her face was hilarious :rofl:
 
SamuelGreen800 said:
I really liked it. I thought it was engaging, and I always preferred the original L&O, because it had the most court and prosecution scenes. I dislike CI for the lack of them.

But other people I know complained about it being too "boring" or "heavy", which I would assume is why it was cancelled. If it's not a laugh-track comedy or a gore fest, then it's bound to get the axe nowadays. Makes you wonder why someone would watch a Law and Order series if they wanted something that wasn't heavy though.

I totally agree. Its like people forget that the name of the show is LAW AND ORDER! Lets see the hearings!

I am thinking that they probably were on the wrong night or something because this is some heavy and good stuff. I am stunned that this was cancelled....
 
ComputerGeek said:
Well... the show did rock, and I wish that the stars would let Sci-Fi revive it, but they do not want to do a television series anymore.... and to bad for them that the movie did not make money in theaters... it was a great movie. Morons like my friend though apparently cannot link it to the TV show (though it fits in fine).
Whats the deal with it, is the movie a prequel or something?
 

Related Threads for: L&O: Trial by Jury - good?

  • Posted
Replies
20
Views
7K
  • Posted
2
Replies
46
Views
5K
Replies
101
Views
11K
  • Posted
Replies
14
Views
5K
Replies
3
Views
2K
Replies
28
Views
4K
Replies
4
Views
1K
  • Posted
Replies
23
Views
2K

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads

Top