Is Law & Order: Trial by Jury Worth Watching?

• Thread starter MrOrange99
  • Start date
  • Tags
    trial
In summary: TBJ was cancelled because it was not as ratings-driven as the other Law and Orders. It was a great show, though, and I am looking forward to starting from the beginning when it starts up again.In summary, Law & Order: Trial by Jury is now being syndicated and I have the chance to start from the beginning. Is it worth it, who knows about this spin-off of L&O? I need to figure out if its worth investing time in, although it I am optimistic because it seems to be more my speed compared to the original L&O.
MrOrange99
Law & Order : Trial by Jury is now being syndicated and I have the chance to start from the beginning. Is it worth it, who knows about this spin-off of L&O? I need to figure out if its worth investing time in, although it I am optimistic because it seems to be more my speed compared to the original L&O.

Fans or Critics!

Physics news on Phys.org
I must confess that it's the only member of the group that I didn't watch. Saw the first episode, but I was so disappointed at the loss of Jerry Orbach that it just didn't seem right after that. :frown:

MrOrange99 said:
Fans or Critics!

Soap operas are inane.

unlike other quality programing?

tribdog said:
unlike other quality programing?

You mean like the Weather Channel, the Simpsons, CSPAN-1, 2, and 3?

rachmaninoff said:
You mean like the Weather Channel, the Simpsons, CSPAN-1, 2, and 3?

Do NOT take the Simpsons name in vain!

zanazzi78 said:

I didn't realize I was. I named three things which were not inane.

naming 5 things and calling them three things is inane

Danger said:
I must confess that it's the only member of the group that I didn't watch. Saw the first episode, but I was so disappointed at the loss of Jerry Orbach that it just didn't seem right after that. :frown:

Yeah, I am hoping it is coming back strong soon. I like the idea behind it, with the jury interactions...

zanazzi78 said:

HAHA, how did I miss this comment? PRICELESS!

Well, tonight is the night I'll find out if TBJ is any good.
If its casualty of ratings or a big ol' bomb...
I am hoping that its GOOD!

I'll have to get back to this thread and post my first impressions.

Law and Order: Trial By Jury was the best show on television for the short time it was on. It is a shame it got cancelled, they should have ditched CI instead.

TBJ had some of the best episodes of any show I've ever watched. Outstanding show.

ek said:
Law and Order: Trial By Jury was the best show on television for the short time it was on. It is a shame it got cancelled, they should have ditched CI instead.

TBJ had some of the best episodes of any show I've ever watched. Outstanding show.

YES...I loved it!
It is bittersweet because I know its only one season, but I will be watching religiously from now on. Bebe is brilliant in this role as well...
I don't know why it didn't get ratings, it seems like it is going to get better with each episode.

Ditch CI? Are you nuts? Criminal Intent is my favorite of all the Law and Orders

I really liked it. I thought it was engaging, and I always preferred the original L&O, because it had the most court and prosecution scenes. I dislike CI for the lack of them.

But other people I know complained about it being too "boring" or "heavy", which I would assume is why it was cancelled. If it's not a laugh-track comedy or a gore fest, then it's bound to get the axe nowadays. Makes you wonder why someone would watch a Law and Order series if they wanted something that wasn't heavy though.

I barely even remember this show existing. Since people are bringing up great shows that didn't last long, though, Firefly needs to be mentioned. It's hard to believe how the idiots at Fox can continually cancel good shows while retaining the mediocre ones, but hey, I guess the Nielsen families prefer mediocrity. Let's just hope that Showtime saves Arrested Development, as is being rumored.

MrOrange99 said:
Law & Order : Trial by Jury is now being syndicated and I have the chance to start from the beginning. Is it worth it, who knows about this spin-off of L&O? I need to figure out if its worth investing time in, although it I am optimistic because it seems to be more my speed compared to the original L&O.
Fans or Critics!

I like it, I really cannot wait for it to start up again in a month or so.

edit.. aww crap, it was canceled! I did not know that.

NBC sucks, they killed BoomTown like that too.

ek said:

Are you NUTS! CI is awesome! no one beats Vincent D'Onofrio for most kooky detective!

I love how he messes with people :-)

loseyourname said:
I barely even remember this show existing. Since people are bringing up great shows that didn't last long, though, Firefly needs to be mentioned. It's hard to believe how the idiots at Fox can continually cancel good shows while retaining the mediocre ones, but hey, I guess the Nielsen families prefer mediocrity. Let's just hope that Showtime saves Arrested Development, as is being rumored.

Well... the show did rock, and I wish that the stars would let Sci-Fi revive it, but they do not want to do a television series anymore... and to bad for them that the movie did not make money in theaters... it was a great movie. Morons like my friend though apparently cannot link it to the TV show (though it fits in fine).

ComputerGeek said:
Are you NUTS! CI is awesome! no one beats Vincent D'Onofrio for most kooky detective!
I love how he messes with people :-)
HAHAHA Exactly! I was watching an old episode of CI last night (they show a ton of reruns on Bravo and USA), and they told this girl that her boyfriend gave her HIV. She later set her boyfriend up, and the cops got him. She told her boyfriend that he ruined both of their lives, and then Eames told her that she was going to live a long healthy life, she didn't have aids. Then Goren looked at her and said, I'm sorry, I lied. And the look on her face was hilarious :rofl:

SamuelGreen800 said:
I really liked it. I thought it was engaging, and I always preferred the original L&O, because it had the most court and prosecution scenes. I dislike CI for the lack of them.

But other people I know complained about it being too "boring" or "heavy", which I would assume is why it was cancelled. If it's not a laugh-track comedy or a gore fest, then it's bound to get the axe nowadays. Makes you wonder why someone would watch a Law and Order series if they wanted something that wasn't heavy though.

I totally agree. Its like people forget that the name of the show is LAW AND ORDER! Let's see the hearings!

I am thinking that they probably were on the wrong night or something because this is some heavy and good stuff. I am stunned that this was cancelled...

ComputerGeek said:
Well... the show did rock, and I wish that the stars would let Sci-Fi revive it, but they do not want to do a television series anymore... and to bad for them that the movie did not make money in theaters... it was a great movie. Morons like my friend though apparently cannot link it to the TV show (though it fits in fine).

Whats the deal with it, is the movie a prequel or something?

What is the premise of "L&O: Trial by Jury"?

The show follows a group of lawyers and detectives as they navigate the judicial system and work to bring criminals to justice.

Is "L&O: Trial by Jury" based on real cases?

While some episodes may be loosely based on real cases, the show is primarily fictional and any similarities to real events are coincidental.

Who are the main characters in "L&O: Trial by Jury"?

The main characters include prosecutor Tracey Kibre, defense attorney Kelly Gaffney, and detectives Lennie Briscoe and Joe Fontana.

What sets "L&O: Trial by Jury" apart from other Law & Order spin-offs?

This spin-off focuses more on the legal proceedings and courtroom drama, rather than the investigation and police work featured in other Law & Order shows.

Is "L&O: Trial by Jury" a good representation of the American justice system?

While the show may accurately depict certain aspects of the justice system, it is important to remember that it is a television drama and may not accurately reflect all aspects of real-life legal proceedings.