1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

L section filter

1. May 5, 2014 #1
    I have this problem in my review packet and it is making me crazy because it wasn't covered in lecture and the book seems to just skip over it. The final is tomorrow and I don't really have a clue about phase relationship between current and voltage in a simple ac circuit and filtering application. If someone could show me how to work a problem like this I would greatly appreciate it. Maybe it's the stress of the final tomorrow but I'm getting very frustrated with it.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. May 5, 2014 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Just write the differential equation for the transfer function. What are the expressions for current versus voltage for an inductor and capacitor?

4. May 5, 2014 #3
    Still not following, I don't really know what you mean by transfer function. We kind of just skipped over all this material it seems like.

5. May 5, 2014 #4

berkeman

If they were resistors in stead of an inductor and capacitor, what would be the transfer function Vo/Vi?

And what are the equations relating current and voltage for an inductor and for a capacitor? They are not the simple V=IR like for a resistor...

6. May 5, 2014 #5
    Can anybody direct me to a link or something of this being done. In an example.

7. May 5, 2014 #6

berkeman

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted