Find moles of MNo4; % uncertainty and % error

In summary, the conversation was about a redox titration experiment with hydrogen peroxide and potassium permanganate. The group messed up the experiment and now the speaker is trying to calculate the % error and number of moles of KMnO4. They also discussed the uncertainty of the burette and the equations for the half-reactions.
SinOfLiberty
My group messed this experiment up and now i have to get a good grade(i receive 50% on all of my labs!). I would highly appreciate your input.
Our teacher gave us a procedure sheet, which we "accurate followed"
This is what we did:(If this is not enough i have a few more steps that were done before but i do not think they are important..)

Redox titration;Analysis of Hydrogen Peroxide

Take 125Ml Erlenmeyer flask, transfer 1.0ml of the commercial hydrogen peroxide. commercial??
Add 25Ml of distilled water to the flask
Measure 5Ml of 6M sulfuric acid into a cylinder and than add it to the Erlenmeyer flask.
Open the buret stopcock and allow 5-8ml of potassium permanganate to flow into a flask.
Add as much as of KMn04 as needed to see a color change(turned pink) The burret was labeled in ml units.
We did those steps 3 times to the best results.
We also recorded a volume of KMNo4 used and averaged it. the result was 16.5

I am kinda confused what should i do in order to calculate the % error, number of moles of H2O2;KMn04 by using (C=N/V) C=n/v; C of MnO4 was given at 0.025M.
Here are the numbers that were given to us:
Concentration of KMnO4 =0.025M
Theoretical Moles of H2O2(8.88*10 to the power of negative)
%uncertainty of a burret is plus/minus 0.05ml. -My teacher gave us a formula:(0.05+0.05):avg volume of KMnO4*100 not sure what do i determine with this formula(% uncertainty of a solution??)

Here are the 1/2oxidation and 1/2 reduction equations(written on my paper by a teacher):
½ reduction: H2O2---> O2 + 2H+ + 2e
½ reduction: MnO4- + 8H+ + 5e = Mn2+ + 4H2O -Purple

Full balanced equation(done by me)
2MnO4 + 16H + 5H202--->5O2 + 10H + 2Mn2+ + 8H2O

I have calculated moles of H2O2

H2O2:0.025*0.0165ml(average volume of KMNo4used):5and the result *2=0.000165 moles

Now i have to find moles of MNo4; % uncertainty and % error.
So confused..

Thanks,
SOL

Chemistry news on Phys.org
UTION:To calculate the % error, you need to take the difference between the theoretical moles of H2O2 and the actual moles of H2O2 you calculated. Then divide that by the theoretical moles of H2O2 and multiply by 100 to get the percentage error. To calculate the number of moles of KMnO4, you can use the equation C=N/V. N is the number of moles of KMnO4, V is the volume you used, and C is the concentration of KMnO4 (0.025 M). The % uncertainty is calculated by taking the uncertainty of your burette (0.05 ml) and adding it to itself. Then divide this number by the average volume of KMnO4 you used, and multiply by 100 to get the % uncertainty. Hope this helps!

1. What is the formula for finding moles of MNo4?

The formula for finding moles of MNo4 is moles = mass/molar mass. The molar mass of MNo4 is 158.9 g/mol.

2. How do you calculate the percent uncertainty for finding moles of MNo4?

The percent uncertainty can be calculated using the formula: (uncertainty/moles) x 100%. The uncertainty can be determined by taking the difference between the measured value and the accepted value.

3. What is the difference between percent uncertainty and percent error when finding moles of MNo4?

Percent uncertainty is a measure of the potential error in the measurement, while percent error is a measure of the accuracy of the measurement. Percent uncertainty takes into account the precision of the measurement, while percent error compares the measured value to the accepted value.

4. Can the percent uncertainty be greater than 100%?

Yes, the percent uncertainty can be greater than 100%. This indicates that the uncertainty in the measurement is larger than the actual value being measured.

5. How do you calculate the percent error for finding moles of MNo4?

The percent error can be calculated using the formula: (|measured value - accepted value|/accepted value) x 100%. The accepted value for moles of MNo4 can be found using the molar mass of 158.9 g/mol and the known mass of the substance.