Out of 0.1 M HCl and 0.1 M NaOH, which one is potentially more hazardous to your eyes?
Are u planning to spill solutions into (one's/your) eyes...?:tongue2:Chlorhydric acid (especially gaseous one,which results in various rections) is very irritating (like ammonia),so it should be handled with care,and the room be fully ventilated.
NaOH is more corrosive to skin, but has a lower vapor pressure.
They're both very toxic,so pay attention with washing your hands,in the unfortunate case of spilling...
By far the NaOH is more hazardous. If you get the acid in your eye you will know it immediately. Not so with the NaOH. It won't start hurting until way too much damage has been done!
Yes, NaOH is worse also because it dissolves cornea better and it's less fast to eliminate from the eye rinsing with water.
Separate names with a comma.