Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Lack of appetite

1. Sep 11, 2008 #1
    Gaaahhhhhhhh. For the past 6 days or so I haven't been able to eat more than two tiny portions a day. When I say tiny portions I mean around 400 calories each. I feel hungry, but the moment I start eating something, I start feeling nauseous and don't want any more food.

The only thing I can think of is that I have gotten very very little sleep in this past week. However, I've been sleep deprived for two weeks straight without losing my appetite many times in the past. I want to be able to eat without feeling like im going to throw up... I'll be able to catch up on my sleep in the next few days.

FYI, I'm a pretty active person and am not overweight. Grrr this is annoying.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Go see a doctor, moose!
  4. Sep 11, 2008 #3
    It usually happens to me. Sleeping less is the problem. I feel awfully sick and don't feel like eating or doing any manual tasks (walking, moving arms, talking, seeing people.. ). And, I get really inactive.

It will go away (in few hours) once all the tensions, work are gone ..
  5. Sep 11, 2008 #4
    heehee. Damn, I'm so tired. I just don't have the strength to do something like talk or see.
  6. Sep 11, 2008 #5

You may have a thyroid problem. Whenever my brother eats he gets a gagging feeling. I'm not sure if that makes him feel like he's bound to throw up or not, but I find it hard not to have that feeling. Like Lisa said, go see a doctor.
  7. Sep 11, 2008 #6

Staff: Mentor

Go see a doctor if it's already been six days moose, no telling what it could be.
  8. Sep 11, 2008 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep, since we can't offer diagnoses here, I have to concur with the advice to see a doctor. Six days is too long to be feeling nauseous and unable to eat without any other signs of illness. Could be anything from the sleep deprivation and stress to ulcers.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?