Scholarships for 12th Grade Passers Majoring in Physics

In summary: They had considered going to BITS Dubai but cannot afford the high fees and is wondering if there are any scholarships available. They have checked the university and physics department websites and have not found any scholarships. They also mentioned being from a low income family and having a bad 12th grade score, making it difficult to get scholarships or get into a reputable college. They asked if there is a possibility of pursuing a master's with a scholarship from a lower graded college and if there are any exams they could take to get scholarships. They also mentioned considering taking a gap year to work and save money or taking on a student loan as a last resort.
smart_worker
i passed 12th grade with 80%.i want to major in physics.i thought of going to BITS dubai.but the fee structure there is too much costly and i can't afford it.so is there a way of getting any scholarship.also are there any exams which i could give to get such scholarships.please let me know if there are any as i am from a low income family

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you thoroughly checked the University website as well as the website of the Physics department? If you still can't find anything you could email the contact address at the Physics department.

BOYLANATOR said:
Have you thoroughly checked the University website as well as the website of the Physics department? If you still can't find anything you could email the contact address at the Physics department.

yes i checked,there is no scholarship.what to do?i don't have enough money

Then go somewhere that you can afford.

financial problem

well as you already know i told you that i have a very bad 12th grade score.i am also from a poor family.due to my low marks i can't get any scholarship.as a result i have to either discontinue my higher education or i had to get admitted in a very less reputed college which i can afford to.also after a bachelor's degree i can't do master's as i don't have that much of money.getting a loan would also won't be a good option as i won't get a good job after graduating from a bad college.now i totally have lost all my hopes of becoming a quantum mechanist.what to do now?

I am assuming you are not in the US. In the US there are many affordable options for schools that are respectable.

Also, there is no such thing as a "quantum mechanist". Quantum mechanics is fundamental in many fields of physics.

Last edited:
If you cannot afford to go to a good school, and you had bad grades in high school, your chances are not looking too good. Try going to a "lower-quality" college and pursuing scholarships there with better grades.

I think you need to be realistic. Scholarships are usually reserved for those who are showing a trajectory of excellence. Poor grades makes it much less likely that you will get one. That's why they are called scholarships.

We've been through this "quantum mechanicist" thing before here. You might want to reread that thread.

Vanadium 50 said:
I think you need to be realistic. Scholarships are usually reserved for those who are showing a trajectory of excellence. Poor grades makes it much less likely that you will get one. That's why they are called scholarships.

We've been through this "quantum mechanicist" thing before here. You might want to reread that thread.

i know that i won't get any scholarship but what i actually wanted to know is that if i get into any low graded college and do extremely well there.is there any possibility of pursuing master's with scholarship in any of those ivy league colleges?i do have some extra curricular activities.so in short i just want to know the way of getting into a reputed college from a worst college.

smart_worker said:
is there a way of getting any scholarship.also are there any exams which i could give to get such scholarships

smart_worker said:
i know that i won't get any scholarship

For heaven's sake, make up your mind!

Generally speaking graduate school is paid for through a stipend that you receive. Graduate students don't make a lot of money. But they usually get enough to survive and generally not fall any deeper into debt as they proceed in their studies.

So your concern really boils down to the cost of an undergradute education. There are several options you have for addressing that (beyond scholarships of course). One option is to work for a few years and save up the money you need to pay for school. A lot of students feel pressured to start university right away, after finishing high school, but in many cases spending a year or two working can (a) generate some money, and (b) give you some maturity that might help with your studies. In some countries military service can even lead to having school paid for.

Another option is to take on a student loan. Depending on where you live there may be all sorts of different options. I usually recommend taking on debt as a last resort because it has a tendency to haunt you.

Also - senetences start with capital letters. In order to make one of these, you hold down the "Shift" key on your keyboard and simultanesously type the letter you want to captialize. This helps the people reading your querry to read more efficiently.

Choppy said:
Also - senetences start with capital letters. In order to make one of these, you hold down the "Shift" key on your keyboard and simultanesously type the letter you want to captialize. This helps the people reading your querry to read more efficiently.
okay

1. What types of scholarships are available for 12th grade passers majoring in physics?

There are various types of scholarships available for 12th grade passers majoring in physics, including merit-based scholarships, need-based scholarships, and scholarships specifically for students pursuing a physics degree. Some scholarships may also be offered by specific universities or organizations.

2. What are the eligibility requirements for these scholarships?

The eligibility requirements for scholarships for 12th grade passers majoring in physics may vary depending on the specific scholarship. However, common requirements may include a minimum GPA, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement. Some scholarships may also have specific requirements related to financial need or extracurricular activities.

3. How can I find and apply for these scholarships?

One way to find scholarships for 12th grade passers majoring in physics is to search online for scholarship databases or resources specifically for science and physics majors. You can also check with your school's financial aid office or the physics department for information on available scholarships. Once you have identified potential scholarships, follow the application instructions carefully and make sure to submit all required materials before the deadline.

4. Can I apply for these scholarships if I am an international student?

Some scholarships for 12th grade passers majoring in physics may be open to international students, while others may have specific eligibility requirements for citizenship or residency. It is important to carefully read the scholarship requirements to determine if international students are eligible to apply.

5. Are there any post-graduate scholarships available for physics majors?

Yes, there are post-graduate scholarships available for physics majors, including scholarships for graduate students pursuing a master's or doctorate degree in physics. These scholarships may have different eligibility requirements and application processes compared to undergraduate scholarships, so it is important to research and apply accordingly.