Lack of what you can tolerate?

• Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
In summary: I would rather just go with what I know which is that emotionally stable means a person that is not easily rattled or bothered by things and is able to maintain a level head in difficult situations.In summary, the author prefers emotionally stable people over those with emotional stability and good looks.

Which do you prefer

• Not emotionally stable, not intelligent, not good looking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not emotionally stable, not intelligent, good looking

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Not emotionally stable, intelligent, not good looking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not emotionally stable, intelligent, good looking

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Emotionally stable, not intelligent, not good looking

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Emotionally stable, not intelligent, good looking

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Emotionally stable, intelligent, not good looking

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • I don't care, I'm desperate

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
rootX
pick+two.jpg

I made a poll but it didn't show up.

For me, I can handle lack of sanity, so I pick intelligence and good looks :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Not. Enough. Choices.

Emotionally stable×2. :biggrin:

EDIT: ^^^^ I CAN'T tolerate, gee..

Last edited:
I added a poll :tongue2:

"I don't care, I'm desperate" I think would be the same as "Emotionally unstable, unintelligent, good looking" =D

Gad said:
Emotionally stable×2. :biggrin:

EDIT: ^^^^ I CAN'T tolerate, gee..
Are you saying you cannot tolerate emotionally stable people? :rofl:

micromass said:
I added a poll :tongue2:

THANKS! :smile:

rootX said:
Are you saying you cannot tolerate emotionally stable people? :rofl:

:rofl: :blushing:

Well, I'll rephrase it properly: I cannot tolerate the lack of emotional stability in people... Coming to think of it again, I really don't tolerate people that show no emotions at all no matter what... I think I'm getting in the middle of the triangle... BAH, I'm out of this.

I prefer all of it :biggrin:.

I don't care, I'm desperate

Good looks to keep me interested, and tossing up between emotional stability and intelligence... hmm... well, I've learned that I can always teach women things, but I can never control their hormones so a dumb girl it is.

good look will only last so long. Two months down the road, the mouth can be more bitter than the face.

I get a feeling these have correlations: emotional stability against looks and intelligence seems like there would be a link.

Emotional stability is definitely a winner for me: personally I think that if you are emotionally stable, OK with yourself, and not afraid to screw up then you can become smarter and develop your intellect with time and energy for the majority of people (women and men).

It's unfortunate that the good looks can absolutely warp people if they have been showered with a ridiculous amount of praise or if they rely on that as their "advantage" rather than through hard work and real effort.

Emotionally stable women X 3 for me.

Intelligence is overrated in a partner. Emotional stability + good looks for me. Although what I really care about would be more like emotional connection + openness in communication + good looks.

If those were the only choices, I'd stay single.

I would pick emotionally stable above all else. It would be nice to find a guy that fit all 3, but good looks and intelligence seem to be added perks. I can't handle crazy been there done that over it.

Yayfordoritos said:
I would pick emotionally stable above all else. It would be nice to find a guy that fit all 3, but good looks and intelligence seem to be added perks. I can't handle crazy been there done that over it.
No matter how crazy my Marie Curie will be, all more she needs is looks :devil:

yea emotionally unstable is a deal breaker, IF and a big IF that means mood swings without cause.

If it means extreme emotions well that ain't so bad.

So "crazy" is out.

Emotional stability using a relative reference frame:

For a guy, emotional instability is a female that over reacts to the toilet seat being left up, over reacts to having a flat tire on the side of the road in the middle of the winter, actually believes that what happens to the royal family is important to the world.

For a woman, emotional instability is a passive-aggressive male that leaves the toilet seat up just to punish her, a passive-aggressive male that refused to get AAA even though he knows she can't change a tire, an insecure male that's threatened by her feelings about Prince Charles.

If I go with emotional stability (at least in a relative frame of reference), she'll be too much like a guy for my tastes, so I choose intelligence and good luck.

Wait, the choices are intelligence and good looks? Well, good looks aren't as good as good luck, but I guess it's good enough.

Ah, who am I kidding? If they can tolerate me, then I'll just redefine emotional stability to mean that and either of the other two will work fine. I'd choose the "Doesn't use meth" option, except I don't see that listed.

Last edited:
BobG said:
For a guy, emotional instability is a female that over reacts to the toilet seat being left up, over reacts to having a flat tire on the side of the road in the middle of the winter, actually believes that what happens to the royal family is important to the world.
I thought those are emotionally stable females.. normal females are just expected to over-react :tongue2:

why can't they be moderately stable, moderately good looking and moderately intelligent?

I don't like the limit of choices, so my choice would be
Emotionally stable, well educated and good looking

In a relationship choice like this proposed, I prefer to avoid the quantified empirical definitions. :smile:

chill_factor said:
why can't they be moderately stable, moderately good looking and moderately intelligent?
I agree

I can tolerate the lack of a guy who's not Emotionally stable, intelligent and good looking all together!:tongue2:

What is "lack of tolerance" and how does it affect society?

"Lack of tolerance" refers to the inability or unwillingness to accept or respect differences in beliefs, values, behaviors, or opinions. This can lead to discrimination, prejudice, and conflict within a society, hindering progress and causing harm to individuals and groups.

What are the consequences of a lack of tolerance?

The consequences of a lack of tolerance can include increased social tension, violence, and discrimination against marginalized groups. It can also lead to a lack of diversity and hinder the exchange of ideas and progress.

What factors contribute to a lack of tolerance?

There are various factors that can contribute to a lack of tolerance, such as upbringing, cultural and societal norms, personal biases and prejudices, and fear of the unknown. It can also be influenced by political and religious ideologies.

How can we promote tolerance in society?

Promoting tolerance in society requires a collective effort and a willingness to understand and accept differences. This can be achieved through education, open-mindedness, and respectful communication. It is also important to actively challenge and address discrimination and prejudice when it occurs.

What role can science play in addressing a lack of tolerance?

Science can play a crucial role in addressing a lack of tolerance by providing evidence-based research to educate and inform individuals and communities about the importance of diversity and acceptance. Scientists can also work towards creating inclusive environments and promoting diversity in their fields of study.