Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ladies, I have but one request.

1. Aug 22, 2011 #1
    If you'd like for a guy to buy you flowers, you best have a vase on-hand!

I bought a girl flowers yesterday, and we had to break the top off of a cheap vodka bottle and use it as a vase!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 22, 2011 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I love any thread that has a title that starts with "Ladies,"

4. Aug 22, 2011 #3
    Smart girl...now she has a weapon for later :devil:

5. Aug 22, 2011 #4

turbo

Gold Member

Save the ragged neck of that bottle. Easy to grasp... pointy and nasty on the other end...

6. Aug 22, 2011 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Pro tip, buy the vase, fill it with whatever, and stare at the guy and the vase until he gets the point.

7. Aug 23, 2011 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Real pro tip. Cut the flower-stems on the bias with a really sharp knife (Stanley knife is a great choice) and put a tablet of aspirin in the water. The diagonal slash helps get water to the blossoms, and the aspirin will help keep the blooms looking lively.

8. Aug 23, 2011 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I had so many vases at one point, I sold them at a garage sale for 10 cents a piece. My ex would send me flowers every time he screwed up, I had hundreds. And I kept telling him, don't send me roses, especially red roses, I hate florist red roses because they have no fragrance and they turn black in a few days, and they're expensive. I always got red roses.

9. Aug 23, 2011 #8

turbo

Gold Member

Not so good. Get a shipment of red roses, and think "What did you do this time, jerk?"

10. Aug 23, 2011 #9
    :rofl: omg Evo lolollll

I have never had a guy buy me flowers. I buy them for myself if I want any...but very seldom because I am mindful that they are slowly dying everyday just so I can look at them. I feel horrible! I haven't bought any in years unless they were growing in a pot with dirt.

I think the only guys that have ever given me flowers are employees at a store as customer appreciation on Valentine's Day :rofl:

11. Aug 23, 2011 #10
    My ma' keeps an empty vase on the table as a "subtle" hint! About twice a year I remember, and get her some tulips, but her reaction is so awesome that I kinda don't wanna do it too often lest the novelty wear off. :P

12. Aug 23, 2011 #11
    Ok, I bought my wife some flowers and a vase. Out of habit, she broke off the top. At least with the vodka bottle, I could get a drink out of it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook