Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Lambshift - vacuum - creation

1. Jul 11, 2004 #1
    Trying to understand how far I can go with my representation of the vacuum (spontaneous random polarization forces -see my webpage- (srpf) acting on the space time, alias geometric structure), I consider:
    1°) each point immerged in it as if it was a system with two possible states: a stabile one (state 2) with energy 0 and a set of instable (state 1) one with energy 0 too (because we stay in vacuum);
    2°) that a “couplage” exists between these two states because of the energetic perturbation due to the srpf i.e. W where Delta t = (1/T) is the duration of the perturbation,
    and try to apply a way of thinking made by Lamb and Retherford giving the probability to find this system (each point in vacuum) in a given state depending of the energy W21.

Each instable state is associated to an energy given by a complex number:
    E’1 = - i. (h/4pi). T (i² + 1 = 0)
    And the « couplage » gives two new possible values. So that the answer depends of the sign of W - (h/8pi). T. But not only, it depends of the relation of uncertainty of Heisenberg:
    W. Delta t > (h/4pi)
    That is here:
    W > (h/4pi). T > (h/8pi). T
    Leading to the case:
    W - (h/8pi). T > 0
    And we get two different values with the same imaginary part (= same duration) and the same real part but once with a positive and once with a negative energy.
    E’1 = ± [|W|² - (h/8pi)². (T)²] ^1/2 - i. (h/4pi). T

Question 01: Is this way of thinking correctly describing the birth (creation) of a real particle with its associated real anti-particle in vacuum? Or of a virtual particle with its associated virtual anti-particle in vacuum?
    Question 02: If yes (it describes a creation) which kind of particles (photon, graviton,…)
    Question 03: What is the actual official opinion about this question? I mean can we really observe such spontaneous creation in vacuum during nuclear collisions and reactions?
    Thanks for illuminating my obscurity.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted