Collection of Lame Jokes

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary: It's a humor that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness. It's not for everyone.Not a fan of surrealism, I take it?In summary, surrealism is an art form that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness, often producing incongruous imagery or effects. It may not be appreciated by everyone, but for those who do, it can be quite humorous.
  • #5,146
Rive said:
They will be paid in Vatican currency?

(Actually, I don't know if this one exists in the world anywhere else or: in what form does it exists, but in my country the term 'paid in Vatican currency' means something like 'may God reward you'.)
Actually, they have Euro.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #5,147
WWGD said:
Vous etes Rive Gauche ou Rive Droit? Mais pas de politicques ici, nous somme tous de centre ;).
Sorry, my nick was originally a random generated string, to be used in a D&D game. Then it stuck, and it took a decade when I found out that it actually has some meaning... :biggrin:
So I have no idea, what did you wanted to say:sorry:
De mondd magyarul, és akkor érteni fogom.:wink:

• #5,148
fresh_42 said:
Are they even a republic?I heard you can exit and enter the country from anywhere in less than 5 minutes.One sixthofa square mile.

• #5,149
Rive said:
Sorry, my nick was originally a random generated string, to be used in a D&D game. Then it stuck, and it took a decade when I found out that it actually has some meaning... :biggrin:
Ah, sorry, is that Hungarian?

Likes Rive
  • #5,150
WWGD said:
Maybe papa(l) bear, aka bill O'Reilly. A conspiracy. I knew it!
"I woas nix, i hör nix, i sich nix!"

One of the rare moments the translation is actually better than the original: "Schultz: I see NOTHING! I know NOTHING!"

• #5,151
fresh_42 said:
"I woas nix, i hör nix, i sich nix!"

One of the rare moments the translation is actually better than the original: "Schultz: I see NOTHING! I know NOTHING!"
I know it as "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil".

• #5,152
Rive said:
So I won't be able to show off the 10 words I remember from high school French :).

• #5,153
WWGD said:
Vous etes Rive Gauche ou Rive Droit? Mais pas de politicques ici, nous somme tous de centre ;).Hope my high school French is not too stale.
Your French is better than ... The answer for me is "hibbdebach". Bet you cannot find out what that means! It is neither nasty, political incorrect, a curse or otherwise problematic. It's a totally normal word in the local tongue.

Last edited:
  • #5,154
Rive said:
De mondd magyarul, és akkor érteni fogom.
Él Budán vagy Pesten?

• #5,155
WWGD said:
Are they even a republic?
No, it is a city-state.

But this is not funny. So let me add a pope joke.

The Pope is riding in a limousine on an Italian road. He is bored so he asks his driver if they can trade places. The driver is a bit reluctant, but when the Pope asks you something, you say yes. So the Pope takes the wheel while the driver relaxes in the back. Wanting a bit of excitement, the Pope decides to step on it and starts driving faster and faster. After a while, two carabinieri see a limousine driving past at high speed, start to chase it, and finally flag it down. One carabiniere says to the other: "That passer must think he is pretty important to have his driver go so fast." The other carabiniere goes to talk to the driver and issue a ticket. He comes back a minute later and his colleague asks: "So, who's this guy who thinks he's so important?" The other replies: "I don't know, but he must be important, because is driver is the Pope!"

Likes Klystron, Rive and WWGD
  • #5,156
This one is pretty old, but I thought good. Salman Rushdie, who went into hiding after he wrote the "Satanic Verses " put out a book right after he came out of hiding. "Buddha you Fat Bastard".

• #5,157
fresh_42 said:
Él Budán vagy Pesten?
And your Hungarian is better than mine -- if you can compare with the empty set. Fogdam to PF, Rive.

Likes Klystron
  • #5,158
fresh_42 said:
My O? I Idon't have an O ;.Ref:Verbal puns in ( ruined by) writing.

Last edited:
  • #5,159
Ibix said:
By papal bull, perhaps?
I think infallibility may imply he cannot put out bull.

• #5,160
WWGD said:
I don't have an O ;.Ref:Verbal puns in ( ruined by) writing.
Doll are you, what do you need an "O" for?

• #5,161
"Since you're on this diet, you kiss much better!"
"Kissing? I'm searching for leftovers!"

Likes dextercioby and WWGD
  • #5,162
fresh_42 said:
"Since you're on this diet, you kiss much better!"
"Kissing? I'm searching for leftovers!"
French "kiss" diet. And cleans her teeth too!

• #5,163
WWGD said:
Vous etes Rive Gauche ou Rive Droit? Mais pas de politicques ici, nous somme tous de centre ;).Hope my high school French is not too stale.
WWGD said:
So I won't be able to show off the 10 words I remember from high school French :).
J'ai compris.

Although, it's not the appropriate use of 'rive' which means the 'shore' bordering a lake, sea or river.

But as @DrClaude said, that is not funny. So here goes the jokes about french, rivers and shores:

A chap jumped in the river in Paris. Local police say he’s in Seine.

Where do fish keep their money? In river banks.

Likes davenn, DrClaude, Ibix and 1 other person
  • #5,164
If I were to receive 50 cents for every failed math exam, I would already have $ 5.70.

Likes jim mcnamara, davenn, dextercioby and 6 others
  • #5,165
A student in a Reptile Biology class was given an assignment: take an alligator home for the weekend, observe it, and give a report on its activities.

On Monday he told the professor:

"My homework ate my dog."

Likes Wrichik Basu, davenn, strangerep and 9 others
  • #5,166
fresh_42 said:
Él Budán vagy Pesten?

A writer based in Montreal once wrote for an European character:
"With a Hungarian for a friend; You don't need enemies.".

• #5,167
A guy walks into a florist's shop, and says "I'd like to buy some anemones for my wife."
The florist, remembering that he was fresh out of anemones, replies, "Anemones are a good choice, but take a look at these ferns I have."
Customer: "My wife really likes anemones, so that's what I'd like to buy."
Florist: "With fronds like these, you don't need anemones."

Likes BillTre, collinsmark, jtbell and 3 others
  • #5,168
Mark44 said:
A guy walks into a florist's shop,
Was this guy's name Marlin, by any chance? :oldwink:

• #5,169
jtbell said:
Was this guy's name Marlin, by any chance? :oldwink:

TIL the words 'tritagonist' ... and 'deuteragonist'.

• #5,170
Mark44 said:
A guy walks into a florist's shop, and says "I'd like to buy some anemones for my wife."
The florist, remembering that he was fresh out of anemones, replies, "Anemones are a good choice, but take a look at these ferns I have."
Customer: "My wife really likes anemones, so that's what I'd like to buy."
Florist: "With fronds like these, you don't need anemones."

Later the florist discovers his salt water aquarium specimens have perished from exposure to the flora.
"Woe", exclaimed the florist, "the enemy of my anemones is my frond!".

Last edited:
Likes Ibix
  • #5,171
48418981_730714493978944_5808860649849094144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fmuc3-1.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/168087626955950/permalink/613643285733713/

Attachments

• 48418981_730714493978944_5808860649849094144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fmuc3-1.jpg
    48418981_730714493978944_5808860649849094144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fmuc3-1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 482
Likes DrClaude, collinsmark, strangerep and 3 others
  • #5,172
haha

unicorn for Christmas.jpg

Attachments

• unicorn for Christmas.jpg
    unicorn for Christmas.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 603
Likes Wrichik Basu, Stavros Kiri and Klystron
  • #5,173
Likes davenn
  • #5,174
Stavros Kiri said:
Hahahaha... ... Can't help it, still laughing!
And still laughing, every time I see it! ...
That's true life, true reality! :-p

Likes davenn
  • #5,175
Why should't we do things earlier?
Because earlier we do other things! ...

Likes davenn
  • #5,176
Two men are sitting round a campfire deep in the woods. One is startled by a resonant cry of "A haaaandbaaag?" from among the trees, but his companion reassures him that it's just the call of the Wilde.

• #5,177
I don't think this joke is lame, but it's a little nerdy.

What is the antiderivative of Amazon Prime?

First person answers: Amazon.

Another person answers Amazon +C

Somebody posted on the Slack for my MicroMasters course. Sorry I can't get the imgur image link to work right now. https://i.imgur.com/9wCaTnK.jpg
It turns out that imgur only shows the BBcode img tag info from the desktop site, not the app
LuajcTy

Last edited:
Likes mfb
  • #5,178
You can't include galleries (websites) with the img tag. You can link them or you can include the image itself (https://i.imgur.com/9wCaTnK.jpg)

• #5,179
A priest, a rabbi and a monk walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says" What is this, some kind of joke?"

Likes Klystron, david2, Charles Link and 1 other person
  • #5,180
A man finds a genie in a bottle and is granted three wishes. "For my first wish I want a bottle of beer." he says and a bottle immediately appears in his hand. "What do you want for your second and third wishes?" the genie asks. "Just a moment. I want to finish my beer and think about it." says the man. "You can't finish that beer." says the genie "It's a never ending beer. Every time you empty it, it will fill back up again." Astonished, the man tests the genie and guzzles the bottle. It fills back up. He guzzles it again and it refills again. "This is great!" he exclaims. "So, what about those other two wishes?" says the genie. The man points to the bottle and says "Give me two more of these."

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes davenn, Drakkith, Ibix and 2 others