Collection of Lame Jokes

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary: It's a humor that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness. It's not for everyone.Not a fan of surrealism, I take it?In summary, surrealism is an art form that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness, often producing incongruous imagery or effects. It may not be appreciated by everyone, but for those who do, it can be quite humorous.
  • #6,161
Said one hair to the other..
"Your jokes are lousy."
"They might be, but quit nit-picking."

Likes WWGD, Stavros Kiri and strangerep
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #6,162
Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 2.15.56 PM.png

Likes WWGD, Stavros Kiri, strangerep and 6 others
  • #6,163
Military Intelligence have a recruiting stand in the lobby...

Likes Stavros Kiri and BillTre
  • #6,164
Homeless people own the condos...

• #6,165
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 10.07.18 AM.png

• Haha
Likes 256bits, Stavros Kiri, strangerep and 5 others
  • #6,166
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 10.06.26 AM.png

Likes jack action, Bystander, Klystron and 3 others
  • #6,167
fresh_42 said:
Infertility is hereditary.

If your parents did not have children, you will not get any either.
BillTre said:
Which leads to the following:
You (each living entity actually) come from a long line of reproducers, going back to the beginning of life (which is a pretty impressive string of reproductive success).
No, actually it leads to the conclusion (or logical premise) that if your parents did not have any children you do not exist! ...
[Or (if you do anyway) they are not your parents! ...]

Likes Klystron
  • #6,168
-Yf-afPjTcndYXzfE-tvsbs7lk&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg

• Haha
Likes Stavros Kiri, 256bits, Ibix and 3 others
  • #6,169
jack action said:
This reminds me of a space anecdote. NASA spent many (I've heard of millions) of dollars to develop a ball pen which worked in zero gravity, the Russians simply equipped their cosmonauts with pencils.

Likes Stavros Kiri, strangerep, jack action and 1 other person
  • #6,170
fresh_42 said:
This reminds me of a space anecdote. NASA spent many (I've heard of millions) of dollars to develop a ball pen which worked in zero gravity, the Russians simply equipped their cosmonauts with pencils.
I've heard this before, but it's been pointed out that pencils aren't a great idea in zero g. Graphite is slightly conductive, and pencil shavings or broken leads will get everywhere. So this may be an urban legend. Or at least it's one of those things I'd like a decent source for.

Likes Stavros Kiri
  • #6,171
Ibix said:
I've heard this before, but it's been pointed out that pencils aren't a great idea in zero g. Graphite is slightly conductive, and pencil shavings or broken leads will get everywhere. So this may be an urban legend. Or at least it's one of those things I'd like a decent source for.
I once told someone an anecdote about a professor. The story was quite bizarre, but so was the professor. He answered: "I do not think it's true. However, the clue is: it could be true!"

It's similar to the urban legend about the US ship and the lighthouse. It dates back in the 30's and nobody really knows whether it has been true or not. That the US ship became larger and larger in every decade didn't help either.

Last edited:
  • #6,172
Television advertising rears its ugly head: Bic pens promoted an aggressive marketing campaign that helped perpetuate this rumor while selling many "space pens". Mind you, ball point pens were starting to replace fountain pens as primary writing instruments in this period and Bic made a decent pen.

NASA had guidelines for permanent records that stipulated ink pens over easy to erase pencil. While I used #2 pencils for calculating on paper, I switched to pen when correcting documents and marking software printouts while working at Ames.

• #6,173
DYK that some people do not need gluten or lactose to be intolerant?

Likes Keith_McClary, DrClaude, 256bits and 1 other person
  • #6,174
BCMro4CdHOajst9XRWTeqDlsCs&_nc_ht=scontent.fham1-1.jpg

Likes DrClaude, Stavros Kiri, 256bits and 1 other person
  • #6,175
And, misteriously, the bookmarks once lost from Firefox, are back, reappeared.

• #6,176
WWGD said:
And, misteriously, the bookmarks once lost from Firefox, are back, reappeared.
How did you manage to get the book with the marks into firefox?

• #6,177
fresh_42 said:
How did you manage to get the book with the marks into firefox?
Ah, sorry I posted it here, intended for RT. Though losing the bookmarks was no joke.

• #6,178
At any rate, are the jokes here not a proper set but a collection? Never saw a proof of it.

• #6,179
fresh_42 said:
It's similar to the urban legend about the US ship and the lighthouse. It dates back in the 30's and nobody really knows whether it has been true or not. That the US ship became larger and larger in every decade didn't help either.
It is not similar at all. We know it is wrong in every aspect.
Both the US and the Soviets used pencils and grease pencils and experimented with a bit more but they all come with some issues. They both switched to commercially available pens they bought for a few dollars per pen.
This pen thing is a stupid myth that circulates around the internet and has always been trivial to disprove, if only people would bother before sharing nonsense.

• #6,180
Some things are just funny and it's not really important if true or not. It's not as if I spread the twin towers conspiracy. Btw. we could win € 1,000,000 if we prove that Bielefeld doesn't exist! And have you ever read the "Karstadt Verschwörung"? I like those stories. They do no harm.

• #6,181
Some people use this as argument how much money NASA wastes or similar. Others get the wrong impression NASA would waste money on silly things like this. It is not absurd enough to be obviously satire.

• #6,182
mfb said:
Some people use this as argument how much money NASA wastes or similar. Others get the wrong impression NASA would waste money on silly things like this. It is not absurd enough to be obviously satire.
This is something different. Firstly, it is not a valid argument to generalize an example, and secondly such a story in this thread of jokes can hardly be taken as evidence.

Likes Stavros Kiri
  • #6,183
  • #6,184
The Vatican City exists entirely to be the "capital city" of the Catholic church, and it's inside Italy but not part of Italy, right? So it's a wholly holy city in a holey country.

Likes Keith_McClary and BillTre
  • #6,185
davenn said:
There is (or used to be) a programme on the radio called The News Quiz, which does exactly what it says on the tin. Inbetween rounds they'd read out clippings from newspapers or magazines sent in by listeners. One I remember was from the letters page of a gardening magazine.

Q: My neighbour has a plant in his back garden which he says is a cabbage. I'm worried it's cannabis. How can I tell the difference?

A: Steal a few leaves and smoke them. If you are still worried, it's cabbage.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes davenn, 256bits, Klystron and 2 others
  • #6,186
News flash: The Energizer bunny has been arrested and charged with battery!

Likes davenn, Klystron and Ibix
  • #6,187
I was working at the store the other day and this guy ripped open a packet of triple-As, grabbed one, picked up a jar of salt, and then came racing right towards me. That's right - I was charged with salt and battery.

Likes jtbell, jack action and Klystron
  • #6,188
Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 12.22.47 PM.png

• Haha
Likes Keith_McClary, DifferentialGalois, DrClaude and 7 others
  • #6,189
Ha Ha . The compressor told the vacuum cleaner "You suck!"

• Haha
Likes nuuskur, Ibix, davenn and 1 other person
  • #6,190
And the oven asked the refrigerator, "Why are you always so cold to me?".

Likes 256bits and davenn
  • #6,191
Klystron said:
And the oven asked the refrigerator, "Why are you always so cold to me?".
And the refrigerator responded, "Because you're just not hot enough for me!"

• Haha
Likes 256bits, Klystron and nuuskur
  • #6,192
John Cage's 4'33'' - is it a peace of music?

• #6,193
I don't know, but feel it is mute to argue against it.

Likes Ibix
  • #6,194
I was setting my voice recognition password for my new phone and a nearby dog barked and ran away. Now I'm still looking for that dog to unlock my phone.

• Haha
  • Love
Likes Keith_McClary, davenn, 256bits and 7 others
  • #6,195
mfb said:
The tyranny of "common sense." Things are often more complicated than most people think.

Likes Klystron and Ibix