Landau Lifshitz Errata: Get Updated Info Now!

• Classical
  • Thread starter Zurvan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Landau
In summary, the conversation was about the Landau & Lifshitz series and whether there were any published errata for the books. The speaker mentioned that they were going through the series slowly and had not found any errata through Google searches. Another person shared that they had bought the series 30 years ago and found minor corrections in two of the books. The conversation then turned humorous as someone joked about hell freezing over and the possibility of errors in the textbooks.
Zurvan
Hi everyone,

I am currently going through L&L slowly but surely (it's like 1 page Landau = 5 pages of notes/connections). I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any published errata for the series. Haven't found any in my Google searches. What I'm talking about is usually notational and can typically figure out where things go awry but would like a heads up as I go through the books (unless it's intentional for the learning process lol).

Physics news on Phys.org
I bought the whole series about 30 years ago. I'd say that 2 out of 5 books had inserted one loose page of errata. These corrections were very minor, usually a small notation error. I wouldn't worry about them. The books are great otherwise.

Likes vanhees71
Landau... wrong?
Has hell frozen over?

SredniVashtar said:
Landau... wrong?
Has hell frozen over?
Yes, I like it cold... 🙃

If there are errors in the textbooks it's of course not Landau who's wrong but whoever wrote his dictate down.:oldbiggrin:

Likes atyy

What is Landau Lifshitz Errata?

Landau Lifshitz Errata is a list of corrections and updates for the Landau Lifshitz textbooks, which are widely used in the field of theoretical physics.

Who wrote the Landau Lifshitz textbooks?

The Landau Lifshitz textbooks were written by the renowned physicists Lev Landau and Evgeny Lifshitz.

Why is it important to stay updated on the Landau Lifshitz Errata?

Staying updated on the Landau Lifshitz Errata ensures that readers have access to the most accurate and current information in the textbooks, avoiding potential errors and misunderstandings.

Where can I find the Landau Lifshitz Errata?

The Landau Lifshitz Errata can be found on the official website of the publishing company, as well as on various online platforms and forums where physicists and students discuss the textbooks.

Are there any other resources for correcting errors in the Landau Lifshitz textbooks?

Yes, in addition to the Landau Lifshitz Errata, there are also other resources such as updated editions of the textbooks and online forums where readers can discuss and clarify any potential errors or updates in the textbooks.