LaPlace is dillusional we know

• Thread starter QuantumTheory
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laplace
In summary, this person believes that the Apollo program and electric windows were hoaxes, that IBM only entered the computer market in the late 40's, and that drugs should stay illegal.
QuantumTheory said:
I'm sure if you spoke tom e in real life, you'd change your mind.

Unless this whole forum thing is a complete act, I am fairly sure I won't change my mind. Many of the people who have delt with you on this forum have a pretty good idea of what you know and unless you're just hiding it all from us and playing us for fools, there's no way that we would think your smart outside of the forum. Using big words or speaking coherently does not equate with intelligence.

Physics news on Phys.org
Pengwuino said:
Using big words or speaking coherently does not equate with intelligence.

Don't say that to an English Major :-D

please, I've said it jokingly and seriously, just stop insulting people. it does no good at all. i feel I'm being very not-riddiculous. check out siddarths link. maybe you just are from a community that you seem to know more than, but world wide, it doesn't seem to be the case. accept it and move on sweetie, its ok. if you keep worrying about where you stand compared to everyone else, you won't get anywhere. stick with your calc threads, and don't make ones about yourself. you've noticed the trend... so just go with it.

Q

Pengwuino said:
Unless this whole forum thing is a complete act, I am fairly sure I won't change my mind. Many of the people who have delt with you on this forum have a pretty good idea of what you know and unless you're just hiding it all from us and playing us for fools, there's no way that we would think your smart outside of the forum. Using big words or speaking coherently does not equate with intelligence.

Like I said, I'm not smart. my IQ is 78. That's mildy retarded.

I just wanted you to acknowledge I know a lot for my age, I think this can be seem sa ego boosting, but this forum is ridiculous. Do you think being smart is only from studying math or physics? You can be emotionally smart, and there's many different ways to it.
And as you say, if so many teensa re interested in what I do and like to study calculus, prove it. Seriously. Prove it. Becauseit is complete and utter rubbish.

I honestly think asking quesitons what I do, and I believe I have a good rational view on philopshy, and good questions. Yes, you just answered your own quetsions. This fourm is a complete act.

Gale said:
please, I've said it jokingly and seriously, just stop insulting people. it does no good at all. i feel I'm being very not-riddiculous. check out siddarths link. maybe you just are from a community that you seem to know more than, but world wide, it doesn't seem to be the case. accept it and move on sweetie, its ok. if you keep worrying about where you stand compared to everyone else, you won't get anywhere. stick with your calc threads, and don't make ones about yourself. you've noticed the trend... so just go with it.

If you were to go on the playstation forums, you would notice how mature I am, and how I appreciate constructive critism. I may be getting it on this thread, but the people are quite frankly, don't know what they are talking about about every teenager being interested in philosphy and physics. It just isn't true.

I understand if I keep comparing it to myself it won't get me anywhere. But it especially makes me worthless (and I do have depression) when you say I'm worthlesss, average, and a complete idiot compared to other teenagers my age.

Would you rather me say math is stupid, I hate math, i hate physics, school sucks, drugs are cool, i play video games all day, nerks suck, and act very stupid, and also, never ask any good quesitons?

How about talking like this?

How R U PPL DOING?

I've made many good discussings here, made many rational posts, and it isn't appreciated, as well as you are flat out, insulting.

QuantumTheory said:
I just wanted you to acknowledge I know a lot for my age, I think this can be seem sa ego boosting, but this forum is ridiculous. Do you think being smart is only from studying math or physics? You can be emotionally smart, and there's many different ways to it.
And as you say, if so many teensa re interested in what I do and like to study calculus, prove it. Seriously. Prove it. Becauseit is complete and utter rubbish.
I honestly think asking quesitons what I do, and I believe I have a good rational view on philopshy, and good questions. Yes, you just answered your own quetsions. This fourm is a complete act.

Actually, you are within 2 standard deviations of the mean IQ, thusly, you are not mildly retarded. In fact, most mental impairment scales do not begin until 75. anything over and you are not considered CI.

Last edited:
ComputerGeek said:
Don't say that to an English Major :-D

My father got a BA from UCSD in English... and man, I am not sure I've met that many people who speak in a less coherant manner then he does. My grandfather, who has alzheimers, is sometimes more coherent haha.

Pengwuino said:
My father got a BA from UCSD in English... and man, I am not sure I've met that many people who speak in a less coherant manner then he does. My grandfather, who has alzheimers, is sometimes more coherent haha.

well.. heh yeah... I , however, always think of my High School English teacher.. he spoke FORMAL english... it took everyone in the class 5 minutes to digest his last two sentences :-p

no one is going to say you know a lot for your age, because we know it isn't true. you know a fair amount. be happy for that. be pleased that despite your less than average IQ, that you've managed a very aqedquate level of physics knowledge. I'm 18, I'm your peer. i like physics and math. I'm a sophomore in college. I've been studying seriously for a few years now. worse yet, I'm a girl, so its even more amazing. screw em. i really don't know much at all. sadly, people around me and apparently around you have low standards. PF does not.

really, we want to help you. REALLY. but whenever you talk about yourself, you don't really appreciate the sort of community here. we're not going to let you be average and then tell yourself you're more. we're going to tell you straight up hard facts. if you don't want to hear it, that's ok... frankly i wouldn't want to go around pf hearing about how subpar i am either. so don't set yourself up for it. just worry about what you're learning here, that's what you're really here for. so don't cause yourself more problems.

Ridiculous, more laughable then not though. People here think they are so smart,a nd like to make me feel bad by saying, quote, most teenager world wide are interested in mathematics, calculus, physics, and philosphy, curtesy of Gale's very intellectual post! Amazing! This must mean, 90% of the people on the playstation forums (There are some teens that know a lot about physics, but few and very rare. These are often the more mature ones.) know a lot more than me on philopshy, physics, mathematics, and, get this, and calculus. In fact, I'm sure they are calculus guru's. Damn, those teens, they are mini-einsteins! Wow, incredible

This just defies logic, maybe beacuse, oh, wait, it isn't logic! Wow.

They also all have a masters degree in Philophsy,and since spelling isn't a form of intelligence, they speak like this:
"HOW R U, n00b" and are considered by superiors a mini einsteins!

Seriously. most of them have NO IDEA what I'm saying. And I'm posting in the off topic forum, which has NOTHING to do with video games. Gale, you are very humorous. It's funny. really. It's funny you could think such things. No one except on this stupid forum agrees with you. (ok maybe your nerdy friends). But that's right, I know nothing. Yes, that's right. Everyone else knows the concepts of philpshy, razors theorum, stroke integrals, as well as physics and calculus! ESpecially teens! In fact, its all the craze now!

QuantumTheory said:

You won't find a job based on your IQ. Hell its even illegal to ask for an IQ in most cases. Einstein wasn't praised for his IQ. Mozart's music did not come from his IQ score. Stop with this IQ crap

QuantumTheory said:

Well how are we suppose to know that you are emotionall smart? Street smart? Whatever smart? How do we konw? The ONLY basis we have around here is math and physics. No it is not the only "smart" out there but that's the only one that is posted around here. How do you expect us to seriously say your emotionally smart without having one "emotional" post from you?

QuantumTheory said:

I don't know where I said lots of teens are interested. They may be interested but they are probably not INTERESTED. People like to bat around the idea of time travel or worm holes or free energy or nuclear reactions for a few minutes a month... but outside of that, they don't have REAL interests in physics.

QuantumTheory said:

Most people are not acting around here and they usually have the means of proving it, unlike you. And yes, that "prove" means a lot more then you think it means.

Gale said:
no one is going to say you know a lot for your age, because we know it isn't true. you know a fair amount. be happy for that. be pleased that despite your less than average IQ, that you've managed a very aqedquate level of physics knowledge. I'm 18, I'm your peer. i like physics and math. I'm a sophomore in college. I've been studying seriously for a few years now. worse yet, I'm a girl, so its even more amazing. screw em. i really don't know much at all. sadly, people around me and apparently around you have low standards. PF does not.
really, we want to help you. REALLY. but whenever you talk about yourself, you don't really appreciate the sort of community here. we're not going to let you be average and then tell yourself you're more. we're going to tell you straight up hard facts. if you don't want to hear it, that's ok... frankly i wouldn't want to go around pf hearing about how subpar i am either. so don't set yourself up for it. just worry about what you're learning here, that's what you're really here for. so don't cause yourself more problems.

And that, my friend, is where you are wrong. Unless my friends, peers, my grandpa who is a physicst, and everyone else I know IN REAL LIFE, is wrong, you are very, very mistaken.

Do you really believe most teenagers have these interests? Especially philopshy? Come on man. Open your eyes. I thought it was good that i was interestd in this stuff, but apparently not.

I don't know much at all compared to people here. But I know more than an average teenager would. I can bet you that.

Pengwuino said:
You won't find a job based on your IQ. Hell its even illegal to ask for an IQ in most cases. Einstein wasn't praised for his IQ. Mozart's music did not come from his IQ score. Stop with this IQ crap
Well how are we suppose to know that you are emotionall smart? Street smart? Whatever smart? How do we konw? The ONLY basis we have around here is math and physics. No it is not the only "smart" out there but that's the only one that is posted around here. How do you expect us to seriously say your emotionally smart without having one "emotional" post from you?
I don't know where I said lots of teens are interested. They may be interested but they are probably not INTERESTED. People like to bat around the idea of time travel or worm holes or free energy or nuclear reactions for a few minutes a month... but outside of that, they don't have REAL interests in physics.
Most people are not acting around here and they usually have the means of proving it, unlike you. And yes, that "prove" means a lot more then you think it means.

I cannot prove physics theories because I don't know physics. good for them.

I am INTERESTED in physics. Yet you tend to bat aruond I know very little compared to other teens. How much you want to bet you're wrong? I don't like to insult other people, or harass them, but what you're saying here is unrational, and ridiculous. Most 'average' teens arent interested in this stuff (at least not like I am) and definitely won't study it, yet you think, compared to other teenagersm y age, they are very superior than me.

Whats wrong with you?

QuantumTheory said:
And that, my friend, is where you are wrong. Unless my friends, peers, my grandpa who is a physicst, and everyone else I know IN REAL LIFE, is wrong, you are very, very mistaken.

They are probably faking it. People who know nothing about physics arent going to say you don't know much for your age! It's rude and stupid. Thus, they will say you know a lot because they know absolutely nothing. Your grandfather is probably trying to be nice. He as well won't be very ready to say you don't know much. It's like your mother saying your the cutest kid in town. MAAAAAAYBE they are right, but until you get out and meet all those people, you have no way of saying they are right.

QuantumTheory said:
If you were to go on the playstation forums, you would notice how mature I am, and how I appreciate constructive critism. I may be getting it on this thread, but the people are quite frankly, don't know what they are talking about about every teenager being interested in philosphy and physics. It just isn't true.
I understand if I keep comparing it to myself it won't get me anywhere. But it especially makes me worthless (and I do have depression) when you say I'm worthlesss, average, and a complete idiot compared to other teenagers my age.
Would you rather me say math is stupid, I hate math, i hate physics, school sucks, drugs are cool, i play video games all day, nerks suck, and act very stupid, and also, never ask any good quesitons?
How about talking like this?
How R U PPL DOING?
I've made many good discussings here, made many rational posts, and it isn't appreciated, as well as you are flat out, insulting.

comparing yourself to the play station forums on matters of science does not make you look any better dear. the average teen is as likely not a playstation junkie as he is a physics nerd. also, I've tried very hard not to be negative with you. i know how hard it is to battle depression and being suicidal. anyone on this forum can probably tell you about the many many threads I've had on the matter. honestly, I'm very sympathetic to your situation. i have NOT been insulting at all. have you considered maybe some of us don't really like be insulted either.

at any rate, I'm glad you like physics. if you're anywhere near as persitant in learning as you are telling us off, you could go far.

Gale said:

If I'm only 'average' then what isn't? How high are the standards here? Seriously. You know I'd have to know Fourier series calculus or better yet something higher to be hailed better than 'average'. Quite ridiculous.

I think most people who post about physics here enjoy it, but besides that, I hate it.I can't stand it. I find its the most selifsh, immature (at least relating to the piano forum) forum I know. In fact, people on the playstation forum are more mature. And yes, that is true. Sadly. That's why I'd go there. WHERE my posts are appreciated.

Gale said:
comparing yourself to the play station forums on matters of science does not make you look any better dear. the average teen is as likely not a playstation junkie as he is a physics nerd. also, I've tried very hard not to be negative with you. i know how hard it is to battle depression and being suicidal. anyone on this forum can probably tell you about the many many threads I've had on the matter. honestly, I'm very sympathetic to your situation. i have NOT been insulting at all. have you considered maybe some of us don't really like be insulted either.
at any rate, I'm glad you like physics. if you're anywhere near as persitant in learning as you are telling us off, you could go far.

Right, most teens are interested in physics more than video games. WTF??

I realize you're not trying to insult me, but your logic is quite strange.

Pengwuino said:
They are probably faking it. People who know nothing about physics arent going to say you don't know much for your age! It's rude and stupid. Thus, they will say you know a lot because they know absolutely nothing. Your grandfather is probably trying to be nice. He as well won't be very ready to say you don't know much. It's like your mother saying your the cutest kid in town. MAAAAAAYBE they are right, but until you get out and meet all those people, you have no way of saying they are right.

I agree, its rude. But I don't know the math behind physics, I do know a lot more overall, however.

I'm showing this (every post here) to my parents tommarrow, as well as my grandma. However, I know it is by far irrational.

QuantumTheory said:
I cannot prove physics theories because I don't know physics. good for them.
I am INTERESTED in physics. Yet you tend to bat aruond I know very little compared to other teens. How much you want to bet you're wrong? I don't like to insult other people, or harass them, but what you're saying here is unrational, and ridiculous. Most 'average' teens arent interested in this stuff (at least not like I am) and definitely won't study it, yet you think, compared to other teenagersm y age, they are very superior than me.
Whats wrong with you?

I swear I made this point to you a few times: MOST TEENAGERS KNOW ALMOST NOTHING. You do know something about physics, but it is NOT a lot. A "LOT" is knowing calculus, doing enough to get past lower-division physics courses... stuff like that. You know a little more then the average 17 year old but you do not know a LOT more then your average 17 year old. I went to HS with 17 year olds who did know full blown calculus, nearly into upper division physics (not offiically, but they had enough konwledge). There are even 15 year olds who know that much. The point is you do NOT know a LOT for your age. You know a LITTLE more then the average 17 year old but no one here expects many MIT admissions officers to jump out of their seat to get you into their programs. It's not being rude, it's being honest.

Last edited:
ok, i didn't say more teens liked physics than video games, but its as likely that a teen is as extreme about one as they are about the other. also when i said "no one will say you're better than average" i meant on this forum, I'm sorry i wasn't more precise.

yes, the standards here are higher. yes, it will be very hard to be considered "above average" here. So what? that's not why you're here. be average and happy with that. I'm only average, and that OK! were i you, i'd leave this thread and post something productive in homework help to try and learn something asap. that's the best way to handle things right now.

QuantumTheory said:
If I'm only 'average' then what isn't? How high are the standards here? Seriously. You know I'd have to know Fourier series calculus or better yet something higher to be hailed better than 'average'. Quite ridiculous.

Have you tried any of the links I gave you?
As I said before, those exams were set for 17 year old students.

That is, Central Board of Secondary education in India expects all the 17 year old students to have a knowledge of physics which asked in the paper.

So if you actually try those papers, you will have some standard to compare yourself with.

Pengwuino said:
I swear I made this point to you a few times: MOST TEENAGERS KNOW ALMOST NOTHING. You do know something about physics, but it is NOT a lot. A "LOT" is knowing calculus, doing enough to get past lower-division physics courses... stuff like that. You know a little more then the average 17 year old but you do not know a LOT more then your average 17 year old. I went to HS with 17 year olds who did know full blown calculus, nearly into upper division physics (not offiically, but they had enough konwledge). There are even 15 year olds who know that much. The point is you do NOT know a LOT for your age. You know a LITTLE more then the average 17 year old but no one here expects many MIT admissions officers to jump out of their seat to get you into their programs. It's not being rude, it's being honest.

Good for you, but in college i will study calculus and learn it in a year and will prove your bloody ass wrong. its your opinion, I respect that, but the majority of people in real life disagree. And they were honest, I asked them.

siddharth said:
try those papers
Holy crap!
I don't think any 17 year old here in england knows that...
I have seen our GCSE question papers and tried them, i find them easy, not that easy though (Well, i get lvl 6 minimum in each and every test in my class, i guess that's good, is it not?:approve: ).

QuantumTheory said:

Dear QuantumTheory

I genuinely believe that you are an intellegent person. Sure, you may have some self-esteem issues, but you are far from being unintellegent. I remember being a junior in high school that age and can attest to having peers who, for the most part, cared little of their subjects, nevermind taking an avid interest in physics.

That said, I also believe, to an obnoxious degree, that I am an intellegent person. Therefore, if you ever again need to ask or reconfirm your intellegence, I will automatically assume that you lack faith in my intellegence. Furthermore, if such infidelity is witnessed, I will have no choice but to promptly and irrevocably change my opinion of your intellegence.

If others brand you as unintellegent, your best course of action is to be humble, for the most intellegent person acknowledges that he lacks knowledge. As Einstein once said, "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." [emphasis mine] This (the emphasized) means that your success heavily relies on your ability to evade needless conflict (i.e. what is lacking in many of your threads), something that is perhaps more important than understanding physics. This means swallowing your pride when you are wrong.

I do not believe I can offer you any more practical advice. QuantumTheory, you are intellegent. Please don't prove me wrong.

siddharth said:
QuantumTheory,

In India, there is a common final exam for all Class 12 students in the country who study in schools which are part of the Central Board of Secondary Education.

http://www.cbse.nic.in/curric~1/phy05o.htm" [Broken]
In that link, you will find a set of Physics question papers of the common final exam for the year 2005. This paper was answered by students, the vast majority of whom were 17 years old.

Why don't you actually attempt these papers and post the solutions here? We can tell if your solutions are right or not. That way, you will have an approximate idea of your physics knowledge when compared to other students of your age.

One more thing, the time limit of the exam is 3 hours.

Thats ridiculous. Are you trying to pick the hardest country witht he highest standards? I'm talking abuot the US here.

That is NOT 17 year old math in the US.

And no, I can't do that. I think youa re expecting way too much for my age. It definitely looks harder than the physics taught here. And I do know some physics, I did tkae physics classes in high school.

This is what I know:
What distance equals.
What velocity equals

Distance equals something that is multiplyed by something else. Hell, I forgot it all. But it was simple. I looked at a 17 year olds physics paper he was in high school, his physics had no calculus in it,a nd were much easier than the link you gave me.

Last edited by a moderator:
QuantumTheory said:
Good for you, but in college i will study calculus and learn it in a year and will prove your bloody ass wrong. its your opinion, I respect that, but the majority of people in real life disagree. And they were honest, I asked them.

the people you ask in person are a select few who're close to you and don't want to hurt you and come from the same community as you. while you may seem above average there, there's a bigger world, and you don't compare the same any more. siddarth was very kind and posted an example test that is given to your peers. so obviously there are different standards in different parts of the world. understand and appreciate that, and just be glad that you're still average.

QuantumTheory said:

Well if you somehow stay 17 years old and learn calculus, i will surely tell you that you know a lot for your age.

Don't give me your crap about respecting opinions after threatening to "prove your bloody ass wrong". It's childish.

Infact, here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/053439339X/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Boom, calculus. How many months until you're 18? This is how you learn, this is how people learn to respect you. Do this before you're 18 and come back here and tell us how you know a lot for your age and i bet you there won't be a member in sight who will disagree with you. Learn Calculus before you are 18 and I will personally make a website praising you about how you know a LOT for a 17 year old. I will put up your picture, tell the story about how you once knew little and now you know lots. Until then, no.

Jelfish said:
Dear QuantumTheory
I genuinely believe that you are an intellegent person. Sure, you may have some self-esteem issues, but you are far from being unintellegent. I remember being a junior in high school that age and can attest to having peers who, for the most part, cared little of their subjects, nevermind taking an avid interest in physics.
That said, I also believe, to an obnoxious degree, that I am an intellegent person. Therefore, if you ever again need to ask or reconfirm your intellegence, I will automatically assume that you lack faith in my intellegence. Furthermore, if such infidelity is witnessed, I will have no choice but to promptly and irrevocably change my opinion of your intellegence.
If others brand you as unintellegent, your best course of action is to be humble, for the most intellegent person acknowledges that he lacks knowledge. As Einstein once said, "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." [emphasis mine] This (the emphasized) means that your success heavily relies on your ability to evade needless conflict (i.e. what is lacking in many of your threads), something that is perhaps more important than understanding physics. This means swallowing your pride when you are wrong.
I do not believe I can offer you any more practical advice. QuantumTheory, you are intellegent. Please don't prove me wrong.

Thank you. Did you see my psychological debates on the skeptisim forum and on the philpshy forum? I have more questions than answers, because I am not a guru on philopshy.

I avoid all conflict on the playstation forums. If someone insults me, I ignore them. I am very mature there. I should act the same here, but when people say I'm 'average' and try to give me absurdly high standards on India tests, it angers me. People here expect too much. People there act more mature on the off topic forums, and we have useful debates. Here, whenever I make a thread, rational or not, there is no debates. No one appreciates it. Because it is not full of math equations that I don't know. That is what doesn't seem to fair to me, and unfortunately, pushes me over the edge here.

I do lack I'm intelligent. In fact, I don't even go that far. I just wanted an acknowledgment that if I know a lot for my age, and that is saying too much here. People won't even knowledge that! I'm glad you have common sense, cherish it, its something to cherish.

That is why, my friend, I'm going to bear with me, get a tutor, and learn calculus, pre calc, trig, everything. Then never come here again, knowing I don't want to be told I'm 'average' from other teens (BecauseI can't do high level physic) and insulted for no reason. Even then, I wont' come back. I feel so worthless here, and people take pride in harassing me, because it makes THEM feel intelligent.

I hope I find another physics forum, I just can't stand this place anymore.
Again, thank you. Not because you told me what I want to hear, but because, thank god, you have common sense.

Pengwuino said:
Well if you somehow stay 17 years old and learn calculus, i will surely tell you that you know a lot for your age.

Don't give me your crap about respecting opinions after threatening to "prove your bloody ass wrong". It's childish.

Infact, here.

Boom, calculus. How many months until you're 18? This is how you learn, this is how people learn to respect you. Do this before you're 18 and come back here and tell us how you know a lot for your age and i bet you there won't be a member in sight who will disagree with you. Learn Calculus before you are 18 and I will personally make a website praising you about how you know a LOT for a 17 year old. I will put up your picture, tell the story about how you once knew little and now you know lots. Until then, no.
That is where you are so wrong. What makes you think I need to know calculus in order to be 'smart' or know alot? Do you realize how many teenagers in high school know elementary calculus? It's really no big dela. And I'll be 18 on Feb.13, so I doubt I can learn:
1) Pre calc (all over again, I forgot it)
2) All of algebra again (I know some, but incomplete, for example factoring I can't seem to grasp)
3) Geometry (again, incomplete)
4) Trig
5) Pre calc
6) Calculus

Knowing calculus doesn't make you 'know a lot for your age', in fact, I know many students who know caluclus in high school but arent smart. In fact, I know many loathe calculus. At least I have an interestin it, you'll admit that, right?

Gale said:
the people you ask in person are a select few who're close to you and don't want to hurt you and come from the same community as you. while you may seem above average there, there's a bigger world, and you don't compare the same any more. siddarth was very kind and posted an example test that is given to your peers. so obviously there are different standards in different parts of the world. understand and appreciate that, and just be glad that you're still average.

A stranger(several, at least) at taco bell who is a major at nursing is close to me? Did you even read what I said? I asked her, after doubting it, if she was honest. She said absolutely.

QuantumTheory said:
Thats ridiculous. Are you trying to pick the hardest country witht he highest standards? I'm talking abuot the US here.
That is NOT 17 year old math in the US.
And no, I can't do that. I think youa re expecting way too much for my age. It definitely looks harder than the physics taught here. And I do know some physics, I did tkae physics classes in high school.
This is what I know:
What distance equals.
What velocity equals
Distance equals something that is multiplyed by something else. Hell, I forgot it all. But it was simple. I looked at a 17 year olds physics paper he was in high school, his physics had no calculus in it,a nd were much easier than the link you gave me.

This is a great opportunity for you then!

Now you now that the vast majority of students who are your age in India are able to answer these papers, you have some standard to compare yourself with and which you can try to achieve.

So, since you are interested in physics, you could pick up a book which covers most of the topics (Like Resnick and Halliday), and start reading up the physics and learning the concepts which you have not understood.

QuantumTheory said:
I just wanted an acknowledgment that if I know a lot for my age, and that is saying too much here. People won't even knowledge that!

Never again expect people to comment on your intellegence. NEVER. Just know that you have it. That is all you'll ever need.

of course you have an interest. What does that mean? Just because you are interested in something does not mean you know a lot. And what the hell do you know anyways? If you just demand someone tell you that you know a lot... you better tell us exactly what we are saying you know a lot about. Physics? "Emotions"? What? I think a lot of us are getting sick of you saying you know nothing but insisting someone agree that you know a lot for your age. Make up your mind.

Pengwuino said:

Infact, here.

Because you have a very immature mind that knowing calculus instantly makes you intelligent. Hah. Wow. you really think math is everything don't you?

Oh yeah, and the website deal. SURE you will. Good luck with that.

And knowing you, you'll probably make me do high calculus equations to 'prove' it to you, and when I fail one, youl'l say that as proof . In fact, you'd never believe me anyway. And there's no way I CAN prove it to you. I also realize due to the fundmental theorum of calculus how close derivtives and anti derivatives are. But guess what? You'll prove me wrong, because, I am always wrong. Heh.

The fact is, I understand the concepts of calculus. Ir ealize an anti derivative is the oppsote if derivaties and that an indefinite integral does area, and has a limit (a to b). while a definite one has no limit, and there needs + C (a constant).

I also realize a derivtive is small amount of change, and an integral is a sequences of these changes. I know this is technically wrong, its been awhile since I've studied it. The fact is, I don't know factoring yet. Or enough trig. That's what is holding me back here!

Also, you'll say since I don't KNOW calculus and understand the concepts (beinga ble to do the math for example) it doesn't count. Which everyone else says. So yeah.. ok.

But I know nothing. The reason I can't do calculus? Simple. Factoring is hard for me. I don't have a tutor for it, and was never taught it. Self studying is VERY hard for me.

Jelfish said:
Never again expect people to comment on your intellegence. NEVER. Just know that you have it. That is all you'll ever need.

Thank you. I didn't even ask the stranger at taco bell if I was smart, i just said "Do I know a lot for my age?" they said yes, and when I asked them if they were doing it to be kind, they said no,a nd they were honest. Many other people did this.