Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Laplace Transform

1. Aug 23, 2010 #1
    1zdozkp.jpg

Gimme CLue

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2010 #2
    You can stick that function directly into the integral formula which defines the inverse Laplace transform and try to calculate it out.

You can use a Laplace transform table. This approach starts by doing a partial fraction expansion of your function. Then the resulting sum of terms can be inverse transformed by matching with transforms in a table. Remember that a Laplace transform is a linear operator.

4. Aug 23, 2010 #3

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Here's a big hint. What do you get if you differentiate the following with respect to s:

[tex]\frac s {s^2+4}[/tex]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  5. Aug 23, 2010 #4
    Investigate factoring/expanding some terms, and see what you get. In the end, I do not even think you are going to have to use a partial fraction decomposition to do the problem. The terms in the fraction are chosen with reason in this problem, i.e. it is much simpler than is written.

What have you attempted?

6. Aug 24, 2010 #5
    Ok Solved! LawlQuals you were rite. I did not use partial fractions. Just simplify and the formulae can be used.

7. Aug 24, 2010 #6
    I thought he asked for a clue, not a solution. :frown:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook