1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Laplace Transforms

1. Dec 7, 2008 #1
    Recently I've been working with Laplace Transforms and for the most part I am finding the simple ones to be very easy. However when they start looking like this:

... I start to falter, or atleast I think I am.

Since there are effectively 2 parts I see in this equation, I'd assume you'd just transform each part and multiply them together like so:

... However, the stated answer is as follows;

Can anyone point out how you do these problems? Rather Laplace Transforms where you have 2 parts{Such as (T^4)*(sinH(9T)) }?

Thank you for your time and sorry for my god awful handwriting!
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2008 #2

Homework Helper

You'd need to use the Shift property which states that

Where L{f(t)}=F(s)
  4. Dec 7, 2008 #3
    use this...

just one of the laplace transforms from the table, usually given...

as for the two part equation you have (t^4)(sinh(9t)), i havent really seen a hyperbolic function in a Laplace transform, but i would start by possibly transforming sinh(9t) into exponentials....
  5. Dec 7, 2008 #4

Homework Helper

For the hyperbolic sine, the OP can also find L{sinh(kt)} from the table, then use the general transform for L{tnf(t)}=F(n)(s). Where F(n) means the nth differential.
  6. Dec 7, 2008 #5
    correct! i saw that after i posted that, hehe
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?