Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Laptop Ideas for Law School

1. Aug 3, 2010 #1

minger

Science Advisor

Hi guys, I'm getting the ball-n-chain a laptop. She's starting law school soon and I think it will help a lot with being able to easily take data from school to home, vice versa, along with just giving her some more flexibility.

I was hoping to get some input as to some brands/models that I can look for. Things I'm looking for are:
    • Lightweight and rugged (she's clumsy)
    • Great battery life
    • Full keyboard/num pad that's easy to type on
    • Windows She won't use a Mac

After that, it just needs to be able to decently run Office-like apps and be stable (I know oxymoronic with Windows). For example, I have an Asus M50 with T9300 processor, which is probably overkill. I certainly don't want a netbook, but don't need anything high end. Most important are battery life, lightweight, and rugged.

Thanks a bunch,

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2010 #2
  4. Aug 3, 2010 #3

minger

Science Advisor

Ah, business class laptops are a great idea. I'm not real thrilled about Dell stuff, but I'll definitely check out the others. Thanks,

5. Aug 4, 2010 #4
    Most people complain how bad dell is, I think they are referring to glossy cheap home edition laptops which IMO aren't that good, but dell business class line is a different ball game. I have yet to hear someone complain about those.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook