Quieten Keys on Dell 4150 Laptop

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laptop
In summary, the conversation suggests various solutions for quietening the keys on a laptop, including typing quieter, filling gaps with Crazy Glue, not using the laptop in public, buying a new laptop with quiet keys, or purchasing an external keyboard. It is also mentioned that Dell may be able to replace the keyboard.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
Anyone know of a way of quietening the keys on a laptop? When I type on my Dell 4150, each key sort of rattles. It attracts the attention of people nearby. This is not a software "beep" - I am talking about the physical rattling of the keypess.

Yesyesyes, I'll head off the obvious answers:
:mad: type quieter
:mad: fill the gaps between keys on your kb with Crazy Glue
:mad: don't use your laptop in public

Computer science news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
Yesyesyes, I'll head off the obvious answers:
:mad: type quieter
:mad: fill the gaps between keys on your kb with Crazy Glue
:mad: don't use your laptop in public

No i will give you a better solution...Throw your present laptop and buy another one with quiet keys...:smile:

PJ

Some manufacture can replaice the keyboard if u want. U might want to ask Dell about this before u throw it away?

The other solution is buy another external keyboard like flexible keyboard.

Some manufacture can replaice the keyboard if u want. U might want to ask Dell about this before u throw it away?

The other solution is buy another external keyboard like flexible keyboard.

1. How do I quieten the keys on my Dell 4150 laptop?

To quieten the keys on your Dell 4150 laptop, you can adjust the keyboard settings in the control panel. Under "Hardware and Sound," click on "Keyboard" and then select "Change keyboard settings." From there, you can adjust the repeat delay and repeat rate to your desired level of quietness.

2. Why are the keys on my Dell 4150 laptop making loud clicking noises?

The loud clicking noises from your Dell 4150 laptop keys could be due to a hardware issue, such as a loose or damaged key. It could also be caused by a buildup of dirt or debris underneath the keys. Try cleaning the keyboard or contacting Dell for further assistance.

3. Can I disable the keys on my Dell 4150 laptop from making noise?

Yes, you can disable the noise from the keys on your Dell 4150 laptop. You can either adjust the keyboard settings as mentioned in the first question, or you can use a third-party software to mute the key sounds. Some Dell laptops also have a "Silent Mode" option in the BIOS settings that can disable key sounds.

4. Is there a way to change the sound of the keys on my Dell 4150 laptop?

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the sound of the keys on your Dell 4150 laptop. The key sounds are produced by the physical mechanisms of the keyboard and cannot be altered. However, you can try using a keyboard cover or dampening material to reduce the noise.

5. How can I prevent the keys on my Dell 4150 laptop from making loud noises in public places?

If you frequently use your Dell 4150 laptop in public places, you can try using a keyboard cover or a dampening material to reduce the noise from the keys. You can also adjust the keyboard settings to make the keys quieter. Alternatively, you can use an external keyboard with quieter keys when working in public places.