Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Laptops Stolen From Bush Campaign Office

1. Oct 1, 2004 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20041001_2097.html

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 2, 2004 #2
    Eh, It's not as bad as it sounds. Unless the documents and files in the labtop are published. And there are some really sensitive information, which I don't think there is. It shouldn't be such a big issue. I doubt it was politically motivated though. It just sounds like some petty criminals Stealing some Computers. I wonder if anything else was stolen.

4. Oct 2, 2004 #3
    You mean someone has appropriated the brains of the Bush organization? It may be the only appropriation there ever to have been effective.

5. Oct 2, 2004 #4
    Knowing that there is classified information on the laptops, whoever is responsible for keeping them should've use some encryption and stashed them away in a locked metal vault.

6. Oct 3, 2004 #5
    I can imagine the look on the faces of the thiefs, when after days of deciphering they finaly find the whole plan in one message flickering on the screen: "This is God speaking: stay the course! Stay the course!"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?