Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Larry Laprise died?

1. Jun 27, 2006 #1

rcgldr

Homework Helper

Larry LaPrise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey," died peacefully at the age of 83. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin.

They put his left leg in. And then the trouble began …

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2006 #2
    Ahahahahahahah.............:rofl:

I have to clap for that one.

4. Jun 27, 2006 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

This was funnier before I discovered that he died (and the joke was invented) over 10 years ago.

5. Jun 27, 2006 #4
    Just because he's dead we can't tell a joke? It's still funny. You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out, and you shake it all about, doo doot de doo de doo dooo, dan na na na nana, that's what its all-a-bout!

6. Jun 27, 2006 #5

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's the Hokey Cokey in England. I wonder if it was invented by a different chap, and they just happened to arrive at almost the same words and tune at the same time.

7. Jun 27, 2006 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just for this news, I think we'll stop playing It's a Small World today, and instead switch to playing The Hokey Pokey, exclusively, on the loudspeakers.

8. Jun 27, 2006 #7

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Hey I got burned by this before, not so long ago. I saw something so funny that I posted it in my blog - only to be ridiculed as living under a rock.:cry: I had to google this one to check the date.

Twice shy you know...

9. Jun 27, 2006 #8

rcgldr

Homework Helper

Hey, it's just like NBC (in the USA) states, if you haven't seen it before, it's new to you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?