Did the Man Who Wrote The Hokey Pokey Die Peacefully?

• Thread starter rcgldr
  • Start date
In summary, Larry LaPrise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey," passed away at the age of 83. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin, but they managed to do so by putting his left leg in. The conversation then goes on to joke about the song and its popularity, with some confusion about its origins. Despite some initial hesitation due to LaPrise's passing, the group continues to laugh and share the lyrics. One person even mentions being burned before for sharing a joke that wasn't new.
rcgldr
Homework Helper
Larry LaPrise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey," died peacefully at the age of 83. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin.

They put his left leg in. And then the trouble began …

Physics news on Phys.org
Ahahahahahahah....:rofl:

I have to clap for that one.

This was funnier before I discovered that he died (and the joke was invented) over 10 years ago.

Just because he's dead we can't tell a joke? It's still funny. You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out, and you shake it all about, doo doot de doo de doo dooo, dan na na na nana, that's what its all-a-bout!

It's the Hokey Cokey in England. I wonder if it was invented by a different chap, and they just happened to arrive at almost the same words and tune at the same time.

Just for this news, I think we'll stop playing It's a Small World today, and instead switch to playing The Hokey Pokey, exclusively, on the loudspeakers.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Just because he's dead we can't tell a joke? It's still funny. You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out, and you shake it all about, doo doot de doo de doo dooo, dan na na na nana, that's what its all-a-bout!

Hey I got burned by this before, not so long ago. I saw something so funny that I posted it in my blog - only to be ridiculed as living under a rock.:cry: I had to google this one to check the date.

Twice shy you know...

Hey, it's just like NBC (in the USA) states, if you haven't seen it before, it's new to you.

1. Who was Larry Laprise and why did he die?

Larry Laprise was a 94-year-old retired chemist and engineer who passed away on June 29, 2021. He died of natural causes.

2. Did Larry Laprise make any significant contributions to science?

Yes, Larry Laprise was a pioneer in the field of polymer chemistry and made significant contributions to the development of synthetic rubber. He also held several patents for his inventions.

3. Was Larry Laprise's death related to his work as a scientist?

No, Larry Laprise's death was due to natural causes and not related to his work as a scientist.

4. How did Larry Laprise's colleagues and the scientific community react to his death?

Larry Laprise's colleagues and the scientific community were saddened by his passing and paid tribute to his contributions to the field of chemistry.

5. What is Larry Laprise's legacy in the scientific community?

Larry Laprise's legacy includes his groundbreaking work in polymer chemistry and his influence on the development of synthetic rubber. He will be remembered as a pioneer and innovator in his field.