1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Lasers and velocity of light

1. Jul 5, 2005 #1
    I am trying to find out, what is the affects the velocity of the light wave projected by the laser? I am going to ITT tech and this is a very diffucult thing to try and find on the web. I have been searching for over an hour trying to find the answer. I would really appreciate the help.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2005 #2

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Light tends to travel at the speed of light particular to the medium it is travelling in.

Unless I've missed something, perhaps you need to rephrase your question?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  4. Jul 5, 2005 #3
    It says: Execute the necessary research to determine whether the color of a laser affects the velocity of the light wave projected by the laser.

5. Jul 5, 2005 #4

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you know what the difference is between, say, a red light wave, and a green light wave?

6. Jul 5, 2005 #5
    Yes you have. The speed of light is a constant in a vacuum.

What are the optical properties of air and how might they effect the speed of light as a function of wavelength ?

7. Jul 5, 2005 #6

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry, mis-placed comma.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?