Last Days at University Carlos III Madrid: My Story

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary: Congratulations on graduating from university! It is an important stage in your life. However, you will never be the same again since you will be leaving your classmates and friends. You should enjoy your time while you are still in university because it will be the last time you are there.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
These are the last days I am an university student at U. Carlos III at Madrid.

I hope to graduate in July or September, but I am going to take my last classes next two weeks before the final exams. I will be last time with my usual classmates and friends, and I am not going to be sat in class with them never again. It seems it is an end of some stage of my life, maybe the most important stage.

Just now I remind all the moments I have spent in that university, every homework, every hour attended to class, every jokes with my friends, every kiddings made against professors, every battle won and some others lost, some things left without being cleared up with some girl, every exam...

The fact is an Engineering college is faraway from being a place of parties, but I have laughed a lot, and I will carry with me great moments until the end of my life.

I am a bit nostalgic. :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
One thing you forgot to mention is : you are getting older.
Sometimes I also miss my past days, wishing that I weren't that stupid to lose my dog. I still miss it till this day.

Craps said:
One thing you forgot to mention is : you are getting older.
Sometimes I also miss my past days, wishing that I weren't that stupid to lose my dog. I still miss it till this day.

Don't worry. Who knows? maybe it is in Bahamas or so taking a sunbath... :rofl: Ahhh...good past times... :rolleyes:

its the end of may? university ends in may?
anyways congrats .

neurocomp2003 said:
its the end of may? university ends in may?
anyways congrats .

It ends in June, but all this month is filled with exams. Ordinary classes end 3rd June.

Congrats? well, in some way there is some happiness involved in all this stuff, but in another way there is some of sadness too for leaving behind some stage of your life.

... you're making many of us here nostalgic ... :cry: ... the change is pretty drastic, IMO has its high and lows, but if I'd get to choose I'd stay a student forever ...

you are an undergrad and you are already nostalgic??

why don't you stay for another 5-6 years in grad school and post when you are done :rofl:

Clausius2 said:
Don't worry. Who knows? maybe it is in Bahamas or so taking a sunbath... :rofl: Ahhh...good past times... :rolleyes:
Well, so sorry for my previous post, I mistook you with someone else. :wink:

cronxeh, if I were Clausius2, I would follow your advice to stay in grad school some years later before I could retire.

cronxeh said:
you are an undergrad and you are already nostalgic??

why don't you stay for another 5-6 years in grad school and post when you are done :rofl:

Craps said:
cronxeh, if I were Clausius2, I would follow your advice to stay in grad school some years later before I could retire.

I am going to stay in a grad school after I'll undergraduate.

In fact I have been admitted at UCSD for Ph.D. Aerospace Engineering program. Surely there are some years of university to go. :tongue2:

Anyway, I will never be again with my current classmates and friends taking class at my university. Never again the same jokes, the same coffees, the same lunches... :rolleyes:

hmmm...

It's sort of like what Red says about prison in "Shawshank Redemption":
These walls are kind of funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, gets so you depend on them.

Clausius - Congratulations on making it through the university program.

I still keep in touch with my best friends from college. And in fact, at my company, I work with 3 colleagues whom I knew at university in my department - I taught all three of them - and we were all in the same research group. :biggrin: We parted ways 17 years ago, and gradually got back together, since we all do similar work.

I also keep track of friends who went into other industries.

Clausius2 said:
Anyway, I will never be again with my current classmates and friends taking class at my university. Never again the same jokes, the same coffees, the same lunches... :rolleyes:
Oh,if it was the same,it could be so boring.
You know when we're leaving somewhere we always have the same concerns
(missing friends,memories...)but well it depends to your future.Maybe you'll have a better time,friends and so you don't think about past except some occasions.
I graduated last year and sometimes go back to our university.The only thing I miss,is myself.Very young, naughty and ambitious girl who sterped into university and wanted to be number 1 in everything.who enjoyed to read people's love from their eyes and then cut them dead.(Maybe they put a curse on me :confused: because I was always sick and I had lots of problems esp.
at the and of term :cry: so I couldn't be number 1 in courses :mad: )
and 1 thing which drives me crazy about my friends is that"Why do they get old so fast?"
I mean they meet you but most of them aren't friendly like past.Just look at you and say"where were you?I missed you a lot".

Last edited:
FredGarvin said:

couldn't have been said more true...

Clausius2 said:
I am going to stay in a grad school after I'll undergraduate.

In fact I have been admitted at UCSD for Ph.D. Aerospace Engineering program. Surely there are some years of university to go. :tongue2:

Another PFer comes to California. :approve:

FredGarvin said:

Good reply, Fred. It is just the truth.

franznietzsche said:
Another PFer comes to California. :approve:

Have you got some free room over there?? :tongue2:

Clausius2 said:
Have you got some free room over there?? :tongue2:

If by free you mean empty yeah. If you mean with price $0, i wish. the average house around here is $500,000.. Makes me really glad i can get into the student apartments.

Its not so bad where my parents live, but that's in the middle of the desert, and houses are still an average of $300,000 or more. Anywhere on the coast, its a nightmare. A four bedroom house in Huntington Beach is $800,000 -- for almost the exact same house my parents live in in the desert -- $500,000 more. its crazy.

franznietzsche said:
If by free you mean empty yeah. If you mean with price $0, i wish. the average house around here is $500,000.. Makes me really glad i can get into the student apartments.

Its not so bad where my parents live, but that's in the middle of the desert, and houses are still an average of $300,000 or more. Anywhere on the coast, its a nightmare. A four bedroom house in Huntington Beach is $800,000 -- for almost the exact same house my parents live in in the desert -- $500,000 more. its crazy.
Oh come on!THere are easy ways to find a cheap or even free room there.

What is "Last Days at University Carlos III Madrid: My Story" about?

"Last Days at University Carlos III Madrid: My Story" is a personal narrative written by a student who is about to graduate from the University Carlos III Madrid. It shares the author's experiences, reflections, and lessons learned during their time at the university.

Why did you choose to write about your last days at University Carlos III Madrid?

I chose to write about my last days at University Carlos III Madrid because it was a significant and memorable time in my life. I wanted to document my thoughts and feelings about leaving university and entering the next chapter of my life.

What can readers expect to learn from "Last Days at University Carlos III Madrid: My Story"?

Readers can expect to learn about the academic, social, and personal challenges and triumphs that the author faced during their time at University Carlos III Madrid. It also provides insights and reflections on the university experience and the transition into post-graduation life.

Is "Last Days at University Carlos III Madrid: My Story" only relevant to students at University Carlos III Madrid?

No, the themes and experiences discussed in the story are relatable to students from any university. While the specific details may differ, the overall journey of navigating higher education and transitioning into the workforce is a universal experience.

What message do you hope to convey through "Last Days at University Carlos III Madrid: My Story"?

I hope to convey the message that university is not just about getting a degree and entering the workforce. It is a time for personal growth, self-discovery, and building meaningful connections. I also want to emphasize the importance of cherishing the last days of university and being open to the opportunities and challenges that come with graduating.