Last one, can someone me?

• Thread starter princiebebe57
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding the i component of a vector with a direction of N 68 degrees E and magnitude of 135. The person asking for help is advised to draw a diagram and use trigonometry to find the components, which should be the sides of a right angled triangle.
princiebebe57
Last one, can someone please help me?

How do i find the i component for the vector given by a direction of N 68degrees E and magnitude of 135?

Physics news on Phys.org
What components do you want; the northerly and easterly components? Well, try drawing a diagram; what does it look like?

both I am guessing??

princiebebe57 said:
both I am guessing??

Ok, well have you drawn a diagram?

yeah i have

princiebebe57 said:
yeah i have

What does the diagram tell you? The northerly and easterly components should be sides of a right angled triangle with one side and angle known. You can use trigonometry to find the other two sides.

so what would the it be?

1. Can someone explain the concept of "last one" to me?

"Last one" refers to the final item or person in a series or group. It is often used as a way to indicate that there is only one left or to determine who will go last in a sequence.

2. What is the origin of the phrase "last one"?

The exact origin of the phrase is unknown, but it is believed to have originated in the late 19th century. It is commonly used in informal conversations and games to determine the final person or item.

3. Is "last one" always used in a literal sense?

No, "last one" can also be used figuratively to mean the end or conclusion of something. For example, "That was the last one, let's wrap things up."

4. Can you use "last one" in a sentence as an adjective?

Yes, "last one" can be used as an adjective to describe the final or remaining item or person in a series. For example, "She grabbed the last one on the shelf."

5. How is "last one" different from "final one"?

While both phrases can be used interchangeably in some contexts, "last one" often refers to the last in a series or group, while "final one" can also imply the ultimate or decisive one. Additionally, "last one" is a more colloquial phrase, while "final one" is more formal and often used in a professional or academic setting.