Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Latest poll: McCain is 4 points ahead

1. Oct 27, 2008 #1
    In Arizona :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2008 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

He'll always have Alaska....

4. Oct 27, 2008 #3

Tsu

Gold Member

5. Oct 27, 2008 #4

turbo

Gold Member

He and Palin will always have Paris (Texas).

6. Oct 27, 2008 #5

turbo

Gold Member

Alaska is solidly pro-McCain, but let's get real - even my little dipwad state has more electoral votes than Alaska, and McCain is spending a fortune here to try to pry away ONE apportioned electoral vote in the 2nd district. His narrow path to victory is dependent on voter-suppression in Democratic districts, surprise voter disenfranchisement, and inciting enough doubt at the polls so that many voters will be forced to cast provisional ballots (which are traditionally WAY under-counted). McCain cannot manage a real majority at this point, so the only path to GOP victory lies in the subversion of the election. The US needs real election reform and standardized procedures with enforcement teeth. Anything less is unacceptable.

7. Oct 27, 2008 #6

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

An update at the bottom of the link:

Up by 5, +/- 4.5...now that's a slim margin. Wouldn't that be something if McCain lost his home state...the last time a Presidential candidate lost his own state was...oh, right, it was Gore :rolleyes: .

8. Oct 27, 2008 #7

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

i think he's ahead in polls here in georgia, but i'll tell you, his reprehensible campaign has really p.o.'ed many people here, and there are a LOT of new voters that are standing in long lines to say so. he might even lose georgia.

9. Oct 28, 2008 #8
    It's not about Arizona's EV. But rather the publicity and news coverage is going to further demoralize the McCain campaign. The media is going to bring up the Arizona-is-in-play theme everyday until a McCain-safe poll shows up.

The last poll that shows M+4 was released a week ago. I think the media held a curious but cautious attitude toward it. Now that Rasmussen and Zimmerman both release polls that collaborate with this storyline, the media is going to push coverage on Arizona in the upcoming days.

10. Oct 28, 2008 #9

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

As of today they are reporting that Montana is within 4 points too.

Republicans are placing ads there in defense of their shrinking numbers.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?