White Backgrounds on LaTeX in Math: DE's on Google Chrome

In summary, the speaker encountered a minor bug while using Google Chrome browser on the Math: DE's thread. All the latex images are appearing with white backgrounds instead of being transparent. Greg and chroot are aware of the issue and will look into it as time allows. The priority was to get the server change working first. The speaker mentions the possibility of the issue being related to the number of colors in the .png files. Chroot has been made aware of the thread and the speaker recalls a similar issue happening in the past with a previous server. They ask if there is any recall for the cause and cure back then.
NeoDevin
A minor bug: I'm using Google Chrome browser, I just posted a thread in Math: DE's and all the latex are showing up with white backgrounds, instead of clear.

Not a serious issue, just letting you know it's there.

Physics news on Phys.org
If I remember correctly, Greg said chroot was aware of it, and looking into it.

It's something chroot will do as time allows, I believe. His priority was to get it working after the server change.

Sounds good. I didn't see any threads on the subject already, so I figured I would put it up so you guys know about it.

Thanks for the responses.

It's always best to bring up things you notice, just in case.

I wonder if the lack of transparency in the recent [tex]\LaTeX[/tex] posts
has something to do with the "number of colors" in the .png files... and some setting related to that.
It seems that [at least some of ] the old images (which did appear transparent) are 16-color images
while the new images appear to be 16-million-color images.

i seem to remember something like this happening in the past (with some previous server). is there any recall for what was the cause and the cure back then?

1. Why are white backgrounds used in LaTeX for math equations?

White backgrounds are used in LaTeX for math equations because it allows for better contrast and visibility of the equations. It also helps to reduce eye strain for readers.

2. How can I change the white background to a different color in LaTeX?

To change the background color in LaTeX, you can use the \pagecolor command in the preamble of your document. This will allow you to specify a different color for the background of your equations.

3. Can I change the background color in LaTeX for specific equations only?

Yes, you can change the background color for specific equations by using the \colorbox command and specifying the desired color for the background. This will only change the background for that particular equation.

4. How can I add a background image to my LaTeX math equations?

To add a background image to your LaTeX math equations, you can use the \backgroundimage command. This allows you to specify an image to use as the background for your equations.

5. Are there any browser compatibility issues with using white backgrounds on LaTeX in Google Chrome?

There are no known compatibility issues with using white backgrounds on LaTeX in Google Chrome. However, it is always recommended to test your document on different browsers to ensure proper display.