Presentation Compilation Error: Unexpected Outcome

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with compiling a presentation after line 10. The speaker tried commenting out all lines and creating a new file but the same issue occurred. They eventually figured out that the problem may be caused by auxiliary files created by LaTeX and deleting them can fix the issue.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I was writing up my presentation and everything was running. I compile it after every two slides and it was all good, and now all of the sudden it won't compile past line 10!

I even commented out every line in the document so that it is just a blank document. Will not even compile that meanwhile it was compiling for every two slides for up to 20 slides and bam... it's crap.

Here is what it says...

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2020/problemmi.jpg

And again, here is the code before at the beginning...

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/7890/problem1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I copied and pasted the code into a new file and it worked.

Still curious to know what the hell happened.

You're not alone. I've had weird compile errors, SAVED the document, reopened it, and it worked.

It's something in the aux files that LaTeX creates. You can also delete the aux files and recompile.

1. What is a presentation compilation error?

A presentation compilation error occurs when there is an issue with the code or formatting in a presentation, resulting in an unexpected outcome when the presentation is run or viewed.

2. What causes a presentation compilation error?

There are several potential causes for a presentation compilation error, including syntax errors in the code, missing or incorrect dependencies, or issues with the presentation software or hardware.

3. How can I fix a presentation compilation error?

The first step in fixing a presentation compilation error is to carefully review the code and look for any syntax errors or missing dependencies. If the issue cannot be identified, try restarting the presentation software or checking for updates. If all else fails, reach out to the presentation software's support team for assistance.

4. Can a presentation compilation error be prevented?

While it is impossible to completely prevent presentation compilation errors, there are steps that can be taken to minimize the likelihood of encountering one. These include regularly checking for updates, using proper coding practices, and testing the presentation on different devices or platforms.

5. Are presentation compilation errors common?

Presentation compilation errors are relatively common, especially for those who are new to creating presentations or coding. However, with proper attention to detail and troubleshooting techniques, they can usually be resolved without major issues.