Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

LaTeX editor for Mac?

Tags:
  1. Jun 16, 2013 #1
    I just got a MacBook and I was wondering what are some of the good latex editors out there?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 18, 2013 #2

Hepth

Gold Member

4. Oct 6, 2015 #3
    It may not suit all, but Archimedes is a great, lightweight editor that supports Markdown and LaTeX: http://www.mattrajca.com/archimedes [Broken]

Great for casual drafts / homework assignments.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  5. Oct 6, 2015 #4
    I agree with you, Hepth. It has internal pdf viewer and so it makes the screen compact, I think.

6. Oct 6, 2015 #5

e.bar.goum

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I use Kile on my macbook as well as my linux desktop. It's hard to beat Kile, IMHO.

7. Oct 10, 2015 #6
    If you use R then I suggest you going with R-Studio, there's a LaTeX editor integrated in it (R Sweave) as long as you have the (free) TeX libraries installed on your computer. I use that because I *always* use R when I write my LaTeX, and my macbook is getting quite old so having both in the same software makes it easier for my CPU.

But if you don't use R, then I suggest you take a look at LyX. It is, by far, the most intuitive TeX editor I have ever used.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook