Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Latex figures

1. Nov 29, 2009 #1
    I would like to insert a figure into Latex. I have taken the figure from wiki and saved it on Paint.

How do I save it as an eps file? As it needs to be saved as this type to enable me to insert it in my Latex document.

Thankyou

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 1, 2009 #2
    http://www.imagemagick.org" [Broken] will convert just about any image file type to another image file type.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Dec 2, 2009 #3
    I usually use .png files in LAtex and you can save as straight fro paint

5. Dec 3, 2009 #4
    If you use .png what would be the code you put into Latex?
    Do you need to download any other packages for Latex before you can do this?

Thankyou

6. Dec 3, 2009 #5
    Also, nbo10, im slightly confused when i click on the link imagemagick - which interface do i download?

Thanks

7. Dec 3, 2009 #6
    Hi there,

It will depend on the compiler choice you make. If you choose to compile your code with dvips, you will need to have your figures in encapsulated postscript. If you choose pdftex as your compiler, you can save your files in .jpg, .pdf, .png and others.

Cheers

8. Dec 6, 2009 #7
    It depends on your OS. On the lefthand side of the screen, under binary Releases choose your OS.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook