1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Latex help

1. Mar 13, 2008 #1
    Couldn't think of a better place to post this. I'm writing a document in latex that has several very large equations in it. I can split them up so that they take up two or three lines using the \begin{split} command or \begin{align} command, but If I need to split a line that is contained within a braket, the closing braket does not show in the resulting .ps file, and I get all sorts of errors when I try run 'latex file.tex' saying that I'm missing the \right] braket. So how do I split equations with the opening braket on one line, and the closing braket on another?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 13, 2008 #2

Mapes

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I've gotten around this problem in the past by inserting a "\right." at the end of the first line and a "\left." at the beginning of the second line. I believe these commands serve as dummy delimiters.

4. Mar 13, 2008 #3
    Thank you, that has sorted it out. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?