1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Latex help!

1. Apr 20, 2010 #1
    Hello,

This isn't a homework question, but I could not find a better place to put it. I'm writing a document (my resume, actually). I was trying to have in one spot an area left justified that says "2006-2007" that is contained in an invisible box exactly 1 inch wide then have a text box that explained my position and a description of what I did. However, I find that I cannot constrict the width of the box with all this text in it! It simply bleeds over the right margin, and I get an error that there is a bunch of "overfull" hboxes. The code looks like this:

\large\sc Industry Experience \rm\small
    \\ \parbox{1in}{2006-2007} \vbox{\textbf{Job role} \\ In an interdisciplinary team under supervisor z, did various things, such as a, b, and c. Was responsible for x and y.}

The problem with the above code is that the width of this line is 1in + the width of the text that's normally on the page. How do I fix this?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2010 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Why are you writing your resume all in Latex?

4. Apr 21, 2010 #3
    I really like the typefacing in latex. I made a satisfactory one in word but I absolutely hate the way the fonts look.

5. Apr 22, 2010 #4
    Try this http://www.tedpavlic.com/post_resume_cv_latex_example.php" [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook